SciPy 2020 Call for Submissions is open!

Melissa Mendonça

Jan 29, 2020, 8:18:37 AM1/29/20
to theano-users
Hello all,

Apologies for crossposting. I hope this is appropriate an useful for members of this group.

-
Melissa Weber Mendonça
Scipy 2020 Diversity Committee Co-Chair

=====

SciPy 2020, the 19th annual Scientific Computing with Python conference, will be held July 6-12, 2020 in Austin, Texas. The annual SciPy Conference brings together over 900 participants from industry, academia, and government to showcase their latest projects, learn from skilled users and developers, and collaborate on code development. The call for SciPy 2020 talks, posters, and tutorials is now open through February 11, 2020.

Talks and Posters (July 8-10, 2020)

In addition to the general track, this year will have the following specialized tracks, mini symposia, and sessions:

Tracks

High Performance Python

Machine Learning and Data Science

Mini Symposia

Astronomy and Astrophysics

Biology and Bioinformatics

Earth, Ocean, Geo and Atmospheric Science

Materials Science

Special Sessions

Maintainers Track

SciPy Tools Plenary Session

For additional details and instructions, please see the conference website.

Tutorials (July 6-7, 2020)

Tutorials should be focused on covering a well-defined topic in a hands-on manner. We are looking for awesome techniques or packages, helping new or advanced Python programmers develop better or faster scientific applications. We encourage submissions to be designed to allow at least 50% of the time for hands-on exercises even if this means the subject matter needs to be limited. Tutorials will be 4 hours in duration. In your tutorial application, you can indicate what prerequisite skills and knowledge will be needed for your tutorial, and the approximate expected level of knowledge of your students (i.e., beginner, intermediate, advanced). Instructors of accepted tutorials will receive a stipend.

For examples of content and format, you can refer to tutorials from past SciPy tutorial sessions (SciPy 2018, SciPy2019 ) and some accepted submissions. For additional details and instructions see the conference website.

Submission page: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=scipy2020

Submission Deadline: February 11, 2020