Attempting to remove exterior state

Michael Reilly

Nov 25, 2019, 10:44:07 PM11/25/19
to theano-users
Hi there,

I'm a NixOS maintainer (http://nixos.org/nixos/about).  I am trying to fix the problems with our packaging of Theano.  One of the big desirable traits of a package in NixOS is "purity" of state.  Meaning building and running a program should not succeed or fail based on anything external to that particular project.

Theano compiles and it caches the results of these compilations in the user's home directory, it does so on first import and when encountering new data.  Is there a way to tell Theano to use a specific directory (such as one local to the project) for this behavior?  Or if I were to patch this behavior in, where would the best (most stable and least likely to cause further complications) place be?

Thanks,
Michael