Islamic Saudi Academy Gets OK to Expand

Belinda Realion

Aug 5, 2009, 11:26:51 PM8/5/09
to Hope4A...@yahoogroups.com, Conservative_Princ...@yahoogroups.com, hearye_hea...@yahoogroups.com, proud_to_be...@yahoogroups.com, the_fat_lady_...@googlegroups.com, the_lies_of_the...@yahoogroups.com, the_no_b...@yahoogroups.com, the_opinions_and_pers...@yahoogroups.com, Family_Issues_Chri...@googlegroups.com

 insurgents in our own local governments now terrorists being educated to strike at us with our own tax dollars shock right here in America, remember those guys that got away with taking plane lessons? here come hundreds more of little ones just like that.

FAIRFAX, Va. - Moments after supervisors approved the Islamic Saudi Academy expansion in Fairfax County, James Lafferty stormed out of the board room.
"We need to resist these people, make it clear they may have bought six votes in there but they are not buying my vote," said Lafferty.

He wasn't the only one. Dozens of others followed.
"I find it shocking that six of them would vote for it-- I'm not sure who they are looking after," said an angry Kathleen Kelly.
The Islamic Saudi Academy has been surrounded in controversy for years. One of their graduates was implicated in a plot to kill the president.
"How they could overlook a graduate from the school doing that and say they are such fine students-- they are learning the wrong thing," says Ruth Mizell, who is against the expansion.

Some were concerned about what the academy was teaching.  the content is anti-American and violent. "They didn't feel the curriculum was something that was appropriate in a land use setting," said Attorney Lynn Strobel, who represents the school in the proceedings. "For example, we don't evaluate the curriculum of other schools. That comes before the board, such as the catholic school." And then there was the issue of traffic and congestion. Some argued the road for the proposed site was too small and dangerous.

But in the end, the Board of Supervisors says this was only about land use, giving the school the green light to expand and leaving those in opposition seeing red. Lafferty says the decision won't be forgotten come election time. "We will support-- even if it's Pee-Wee Herman-- we will support whoever is running against them," Lafferty said. that council is all muslim themselves, what is america coming to!