Counterprotesting Obamacare and the ACORN/SEIU mob

1 view

Belinda Realion

Jul 28, 2009, 9:56:14 AM7/28/09
to hearye_hea...@yahoogroups.com, proud_to_be...@yahoogroups.com, the_fat_lady_...@googlegroups.com, the_lies_of_the...@yahoogroups.com, the_no_b...@yahoogroups.com, the_opinions_and_pers...@yahoogroups.com, Family_Issues_Chri...@googlegroups.com

Counterprotesting Obamacare and the ACORN/SEIU mob

By Michelle Malkin  •  May 31, 2009 08:52 AM
I wrote earlier this month about the need for the Right to counter the huge Obamacare push by the big government alliance. Resistance has to happen on the ground, on the airwaves, and in the halls of Congress. ACORN, the SEIU, and the rest of the liberal grass-roots network are organized and committed to helping the White House. They’re pulling out all the stops:
Activists delivered a stack of dirty laundry to U.S. Rep. John Boehner’s West Chester Twp. office Wednesday, May 27, to protest his stance on health care reform.
The 14 T-shirts had messages written on them, many from a nearby low-income neighborhood.
“I have breast cancer — a pre-existing condition. I can’t get health coverage. Please Mr. Boehner, support health care for Americans now,” read one T-shirt signed by “Cassandra.”
“I lost my insurance because I couldn’t get enough hours at work,” another read.
The demonstration was part of a nationwide effort organized by the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now and Health Care for America Now. They targeted Boehner, U.S. House Republican leader, because of his record of opposing expansion of publicly funded healthcare.
“These health insurance companies have a lot of dirty laundry to air,” said Ohio ACORN Director Amy Teitelman. “We want Rep. Boehner to be on the side of the people who made these T-shirts, not on the side of health insurance companies.”
“(Boehner) has voted consistently against expanding healthcare, and we’re trying to get him to see it’s hurting his constituency,” said ACORN organizer Debra Hentnik.
Health Care for America Now is funded by the radical left Tides Foundation, founded by Drummond Pike — the ACORN sugar daddy who bailed out the rotten Rathke family after ACORN founder Wade Rathke’s brother, Dale, was exposed as the thief who embezzled nearly $1 million from the organization.
The Right needs to expose these corruptocrats; show Americans that the do-gooder poseurs want more power and control, not real “health care reform;” and match them foot soldier for foot soldier in the streets.
In Seattle, our friend Keli Carender — the mom-blogger at Liberty Belle who channeled her anger about the trillion-dollar porkulus bill into political activism and helped get the Tea Party movement rolling even before it had that name — is doing just that. Over the weekend, she brought together hundreds of taxpayers to counterprotest the ACORN/SEIU/Obamacare network. Keli e-mailed last night:
We had almost 400 people show up to counter the socialized health care protest today in Seattle! I’ll blog about it in a bit. I just wanted to get you some pics right away. Keep in mind that we had about three weeks to plan this and NO funding or backers. They had…all the funding of all the unions and ACORN. It was fun, and everyone told me that are really starting to get energized, and they are ready for more!!! One woman said, “You know how fear provokes either fight or flight? My fear about the direction of this country is making me want to fight! Not too long ago it would have been different. I’m ready to fight now.”

You can’t win the fight if you’re not in the game. What are you doing to mobilize in defense against the government takeover alliance?
Pictures via Blake Scholl: