A Note on Posting

1 view

Dan

Apr 27, 2009, 4:28:34 PM4/27/09
to The View From Outside Discussion
Hey cats,

(I never used to call people cats until I started writing the Desmond
Cork character. Now I can't stop because Des is too cool, cats.)

I know that some of you see the posting about which notes have "been
posted.," but you go to the site and it isn't there yet. There's
usually a lag because I have to create this link in google groups in
order to create the "discuss" link on the individual entries.

It just occurred to me that I could solve this issue with a more
sophisticated workflow. Maybe next time.

Dan

Ron Bass

Apr 27, 2009, 4:33:15 PM4/27/09
to the-view-from-ou...@googlegroups.com
When I saw the note wasn't up I assumed there was some kind of lag.

Last night I saw a great poster on a wall on E.2nd Street (around the corner from Angelina's). The picture is a right profile of a helmeted Il Duce. Underneath are the words:

                              Che
                    Tha New Mussolini

I cracked up laughing because it was just so apt.

Dan

Apr 27, 2009, 6:11:33 PM4/27/09
to The View From Outside Discussion
Well, this is posted with the following caveat.

On the front page, there is no permalink link.

This will be remedied soon, but the reason for it is that the designer
of the site (yes, me) apparently never thought the title would need to
be word-wrapped. What a joker!

The question may arise, "Why don't you use a public CMS for this?"
The answer is, I like my code, I like my design, and I like being in
control of the DOM.

And as any geek will tell you, controlling the DOM can be very
satisfying.