The Pipits: Virtual Walk, Tuesday May 4 2021 SPECIAL GUEST

Colleen Reilly

Apr 27, 2021, 2:22:41 PM4/27/21
to The Pipits, Elora Grahame
Hi Pipits!

We have a special guest speaker next week, Elora Grahame! Her research focuses on Nightjars, and since her research requires her to be out in the field in the evening, we have moved the Zoom start time to an hour earlier. We start at 6pm on May 4.

Mark your calendars, hope to see you there!

Colleen

Colleen Reilly

May 2, 2021, 9:22:46 PM5/2/21
to The Pipits, Elora Grahame
Hi everyone,

I wanted to remind everyone that our Virtual Walk this coming Tuesday starts at 6pm

Our guest speaker is Elora Grahame, and she will be speaking about Nightjars, which include the Eastern Whippoorwill. As luck would have it, one of our members, Dave Archbell, found a Whippoorwill at Paletta Park last week! Here's a photo. Dave, well done!

Looking forward to seeing everyone who can join this Tuesday!

EasternWhipoorwill.jpg

Topic: The Pipits: Virtual Walk
Time: May 4, 2021 06:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87446307569

Meeting ID: 874 4630 7569

Best, Colleen

Colleen Reilly

May 4, 2021, 12:23:30 PM5/4/21
to The Pipits, Elora Grahame
Hi Pipits!

In advance of our Virtual Walk presentation tonight, with Elora Grahame, I wanted to send out a link to my photos of the Eastern Whippoorwill. Discovered by Dave Archbell, it spent a day last week sleeping on a branch at Paletta Park, affording a number of us spectacular views. Behind obstructions of course, as you can see in my shots lol.

Enjoy!

Colleen