The Pipits: photos from some spring outings

Colleen Reilly

Apr 21, 2021, 11:09:23 PM4/21/21
to The Pipits
Well my friends,

We're into spring. Which means a feverish pace for me lol. I don't want to miss a thing. And it all happens SO FAST. Never mind the snow today. It's all happening RIGHT NOW. (scroll down to see his and hers shots of Horned Larks I got today. Apparently they've already amazingly got fledglings, but I didn't find any myself)

Spring flowers, spring bird migrants, insects, reptiles, amphibians... they're all waking up and moving in NOW.

Hang in, stay safe, and enjoy the season as best as you can. Here are some photos, some albums don't have more than a photo to share, but I hope you enjoy them as much as I did finding them. There's more to come, I just haven't gotten editing caught up to all my searching for spring finds.

Remember, to see the name of what's in the photo, click into the photograph, and then click on the little "i" in the upper right of the photograph, to see the file information, which will contain the file name of the particular photo you're looking at. I name each photo for the main subject to help everyone with their identification skills.

Waterdown, Clappison's Wetlands (Muskrat):
https://photos.app.goo.gl/jxASER16oCEiXYAn6

5th Road, Stoney Creek, Saltfleet (Wilson's Snipe and Rusty Blackbirds on a foggy morning):

Grimsby Wetlands (Tree Swallows):

Port Weller, Niagara (Cooper's Hawk):

10th Road, Stoney Creek, Saltfleet (Eastern Meadowlark, Brown Headed Cowbird):

Kerncliff Park (Eastern Newts, Virginia Rail, turtles, Watersnakes):

Grass Lake, Cambridge (Sandhill Crane, Osprey):

Sudden Tract, Cambridge (Spring Ephemerals, Frogs, Newts, Salamanders):

Kerncliff Park (Field Sparrow, Red Winged Blackbirds):

Kerncliff Park (PARENTAL GUIDANCE: Turkey Vultures making little Turkey Vultures, Swamp Sparrow, Virginia Rail):

Miller Creek, Niagara (Great Egrets):

RBG Arboretum (Magnolias etc):

RBG Valley Inn (Tree Swallows, Great Blue Heron):

HornedLark2.jpg
HornedLark.jpg

Good birding!

Colleen