The Pipits: Sunday November 14 2021, Taquanyah CA with Rob Porter

Colleen Reilly

Nov 9, 2021, 10:03:46 AM11/9/21
to The Pipits, Rob Porter

Hello Pipits!

This coming Sunday we are going to Taquanyah Conservation Area, with special guest leader, Rob Porter!

We meet at 8am.

Join us with birder Rob Porter as we explore the Taquanyah Conservation Area near Cayuga, Ontario. This lesser-travelled CA has a number of bird-friendly habitats, including marsh, forest, swamp, and open water, and is surrounded by farm fields. The main building also has a large bird feeder.

This location has a lot of trails, and we'll be walking a fair bit. The trails are often muddy so bring footwear appropriate for that. While species counts may be low this time of year, Rob will point out where various species can be found at different times of year.

Please park at the large parking area found at the corner of Decewsville Road and Townline Road. Parking is free as this is a passively maintained CA. Google Maps lists this parking area at

429 Decewsville Rd, Cayuga, ON N0A 1E0

Rob is a Director-at-Large with the Hamilton Naturalists', and is principal atlasser for the Ontario Breeding Bird Atlas zone that Taquanyah CA is part of. He also produces a podcast, "Songbirding", about birding-by-ear.

To register for this outing, you MUST have sent me your vaccination certificate showing that you have received 2 COVID vaccinations. To submit your certificate go here: https://forms.gle/pWatfUign7zXT7Fu6

Please only register if you have had two COVID vaccinations, and sent me proof of this. Please remember to bring your MASK for those times when we have to be in close proximity.

To register for this outing, please go here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040F45AEAE2BA6FF2-november1

Looking forward to seeing everyone who can make it!

Colleen