Object-Mash: Object Network viewer demo - exclusive preview!

Duncan Cragg

Feb 7, 2012, 1:02:00 PM2/7/12
to The Object Network
I've got a basic Obect Network viewer demo to show you all: 'Object-
Mash'.

I knocked it up in the last few days, so be kind to it! It's tested in
a few modern browsers (and known to behave oddly in Android's browser,
or my HTC Desire Z's anyway - try hitting refresh if you get an
error).

So, here's an entry point into the Object Network:

http://the-object.net/object-mash/?o=123-456

It's all on GitHub of course:

https://github.com/DuncanCragg/Object-Mash

It should bring to life some of the basic ideas of the Object Net:

- recognised and unrecognised object types - the contact and event
types are specially-handled, the newsfeed is 'raw json'
- nested render of linked objects, and jump to 'full-screen'
- extractable Microformats

Don't forget to install Operator or a similar Microformat plugin to
see that last item.

Have a play and tell us what you think: it's obviously missing bits,
but it should give you an idea of where we're going... :-)

Duncan

Duncan Cragg

Feb 7, 2012, 1:05:17 PM2/7/12
to The Object Network
Oh - Brian Rock is a fake person with real, random contact details. I
may change some of those details before going public!

Try clicking all things that look like they're clickable.

Also, notice that it's using CORS: the JSON objects come from about
four different sites. Watch the URL.

Duncan