Twitter and slideshow in the Object Network

Duncan Cragg

Feb 16, 2012, 5:35:33 PM2/16/12
to The Object Network
Two things to tell you about.

Firstly, I've now got a basic Twitter adaptor going. Main disadvantage
is the rate limiting. Hence, and because dbpedia is so slow, I've also
added some cacheing. But you can still easily blow the Twitter limit
with a little jumping from Twitter user to users they follow... Ga!

So be kind to it and stay away from the Twitter Object Sub-Network for
now, until I figure out how to use the streaming API or OAuth or
something. I don't want to be banned from the API.

Other thing is that I've added slideshow support - for a presentation
I just did at Londroid / SkillsMatter here in London:

http://the-object.net/object-mash/?o=111-111

Again, be kind to it and let me know how you get on. I haven't put the
next/prev buttons on yet - you click on the right of the page to go
forward, the left to go backwards.

Cheers!

Duncan

PS - next up is a demo of website HTML data grabbing and re-publishing
(I hate the word 'scraping') - I'll be getting Lanyrd events into the
Object Network - whether they like it or not!! There seems to be good
support for this in Node.js, so should be fun and easy. :-)