Macbeth - ‘unsex me here’ / ‘fill me from the crown to the toe top-full / Of direst cruelty’

Admin

Mar 21, 2018, 5:24:54 AM3/21/18
to The Oakwood Academy English

Quotation: unsex me here’

‘fill me from the crown to the toe top-full / Of direst cruelty’

Scene Reference and Summary: Lady Macbeth reads a letter from Macbeth. She realises that she will need to be forceful in their relationship for the plan to work (1.5).

Discussion 1: Which potential exam topics (especially characters and/or themes) could it be related to?

Discussion 2: How would you analyse it? Which keywords would you explore? What is the precise effect on the audience?