[The Non-Euclidean Blog] Lenin's Revenge

1 view

NEB

Aug 12, 2009, 3:04:11 PM8/12/09
to the-non-euc...@googlegroups.com
In a startling move, 85 years after his death, Vladimir Lenin has crushed a young man who wanted to hang on his arm:
A 21-year-old man from the southeastern Belarusian town of Uvaravichy in Belarus was killed when a piece of a statue to Soviet founder Vladimir Lenin fell on him as he tried to climb it, RFE/RL's Belarus Service reports.
You'll be relieved to know Belarussian authorities plan to repair our fallen comrade.

You didn't know Vladimir's statues still grace our globe? Sure thing. Among a large host of others, you can see one in Havana, Cuba. Two Lenin monuments opened in eastern Ukraine back in April. A bust of Lenin rises above the snow at the Pole of Inaccessibility in Antarctica. And if those places are too remote for your travel budget, you can always visit the 16-foot-tall, bronze statue of Lenin in Seattle.

Yes, Seattle, as in Washington, as in the United States of Imperialist Capitalist Dogs. But don't visit him during gay pride week if the idea of Lenin in drag offends you.

--
Posted By NEB to The Non-Euclidean Blog at 8/12/2009 12:04:00 PM