[The Non-Euclidean Blog] The BBQ Is Closed

NEB

Jun 25, 2009, 1:39:58 PM6/25/09
to the-non-euc...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, Ahmadinejad, no fireworks for you.

Less than a month ago, the president authorized our embassies to entertain Iranian diplomats at their 4th of July celebrations. I thought it was a bad idea, not least because it snubbed our only reliable ally in the region.

Yesterday, Dan Burton (R-IN) introduced two House measures, one prohibiting certain funds from being used to host the Iranians, and the other expressing the House's support for Iranian protestors and urging the president to rescind his invitation. Obama beat Burton to the punch, though, since later that day he did just that. The Iranians are officially disinvited to our party.

At last, common ground between Democrats and Republicans. The former are a little late, but that's all right. There's plenty of watemelon for everyone, and we can all relax knowing the Ayatollah won't get potato salad in his beard.

--
Posted By NEB to The Non-Euclidean Blog at 6/25/2009 10:39:00 AM