[The Non-Euclidean Blog] Obama a One-Termer?

1 view

NEB

Aug 14, 2009, 11:58:17 AM8/14/09
to the-non-euc...@googlegroups.com
According to Rep. Leonard Boswell (D-IA), Obama is willing to be a one-term president if that's what it takes to ram through his health care package:
The president (said), 'I'm not going to kick the can down the road.' And he said that and I said, 'Well, that's something I'm kind of used to from southern Iowa, you know. I know about kicking the can down the road.' And he said, 'No, if it makes me a one-term president, I'm going to, we're going to take it on because the country is in need of us taking this on.' I respected that very much.
Maybe. So far, the president seems pretty adept at doing and saying whatever's necessary to gain and maintain power. The only thing you can depend on is that Obama's a man of his word, whatever that word happens to be today.

--
Posted By NEB to The Non-Euclidean Blog at 8/14/2009 06:34:00 AM