Phillip Guzman – Award-winning director, writer, producer at The Network Austin Mixer - Wed May 25 - 6 PM - Baby A’s

Gary L. Wimmer

May 25, 2011, 2:36:29 PM5/25/11
to the-network-...@googlegroups.com
Just a reminder to join us tonight!

Dear Film, Game, Music and Entertainment People, Friends, Investors and Fans,

WHAT: The Network Austin Mixer
WHEN: Wed May 25, 2011 - 6 PM
WHERE: Baby Acapulco�s - 5610 North IH-35, Austin TX 78751
WHO: Everyone involved in film, theatre, game, TV, and entertainment media... and YOU!
GUEST SPEAKER: Phillip Guzman � Award-winning director, writer, producer!��
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2781816/
Phillip Guzman

Baby Acapulco's Central, Austin, TX

Baby Acapulco�s - 5610 North IH-35, Austin, 78751 � is on the southbound I35 Frontage Road on the west side of I35, south of the Koenig Lane / I35 / US 290 East intersection. Baby A�s is an Austin institution, and we meet in the large back room with HAPPY HOUR SPECIALS until 7 PM!�

We are honored to have Phillip Guzman as our Guest Speaker on Wed May 25, 2011. See - http://networkaustinmixer.com/thismonth.htm

Phillip was born in San Benito, Texas. His parents got jobs with the U.S. government working in Germany, and from age 3 to 18 Rhillip lived in Germany. Upon graduating from high school, he moved back to Texas where he attended college at Stephen F. Austin State University. His senior film, The Gulf, was a finalist in the 2005 International Student Film Festival in Hollywood.

In 2006 Mr. Guzman began developing his first feature film, The Lawless, a crime thriller, teaming up with master cinematographer, friend, and editor Philip Roy. Guzman and Roy had only $7,500 and a 4-man crew, but they plowed forward, made the film, and took honors at the Hollywood HD Film Festival, turning many heads at what they were able to accomplish with such a small budget.

Desdemona: A Love Story was Guzman�s next film, which won numerous awards, including Best Feature at the Naples International Film Festival and Best Feature, Best Cinematography & Best Actor at the Boston Film Festival. Guzman immediately followed Desdemona with 2:22, an action packed heist film featuring such veteran actors as Val Kilmer & Gabriel Byrne. A sequel is currently in development. His newest film, A Kiss and a Promise, has recently been completed and premiered to rave reviews at the Cinequest film festival earlier this year, followed by a special presentation at Dallas International Film Festival. Currently Guzman is in development on 3 more films.

Join us on Wed May 25, network, meet new people, and at 6:45 hear Phillip Guzman explain how to make excellent films on a minimal budget, films that win major awards!

The Network Austin Mixer is now in its sixth year and we deeply appreciate your support, interest, and attendance! We meet on the second and last Wednesdays of each month, except November and December due to the holidays. There is no membership required to attend and no cover charge. The Mixers are open to people involved with or interested in film, media, acting, writing, producing, directing, etc. Join us and network!

Please pass on information about our Mixers to your friends and associates in the film/media industries, and if you have a website associated with those fields, please post our website - http://networkaustinmixer.com

Gary L. Wimmer for THE NETWORK AUSTIN MIXER�����

http://garywimmer.com