The Network Austin Mixer - Wed Oct 27 @ 6 PM - SPEAKER: Tommy Warren / Spiderwood Studios

1 view

net...@garywimmer.com

Oct 25, 2010, 8:34:15 PM10/25/10
to the-network-...@googlegroups.com

Dear Film, Game, Music and Entertainment People, Friends, Investors and Fans,

WHAT: The Network Austin Mixer
WHEN: Wednesday October 27, 2010 @ 6 PM
WHERE: ND Venue - 501 Studios - http://ndvenue.com/location/
WHO: Everyone involved in film and entertainment ... and YOU!
GUEST SPEAKER: Tommy Warren - Producer/Writer/Director / Spiderwood Studios

Our Guest Speaker on Wed Oct 27 will be Tommy Warren - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1277905/. Tommy has been involved in the motion picture and media worlds for over 30 years. He was recruited to work on the MGM feature �Red Corner� and later moved to Paramount Studios where he held an office for several years. More recently, Tommy established Spiderwood Studios (http://www.spiderwoodstudios.com/), a state-of-the-art, full service motion picture, music, and animation production facility with a 200-acre back lot located near Austin, Texas. He has written the original screenplays, �Flight of Magic�, �The Orphan�, �Hippy Binemy�, �The Seed�, and more. He recently produced the feature film �Doonby� and Executive Produced �Something�s Gonna Live� which is being screened for an Academy Award nomination. Tommy was honored at the National Press Club and awarded �The Exceptional Merit in Media Award� (EMMA) for the feature film �The Inner Circle�.

So join us on Wed Oct 27, network with us and get some amazing insights from Tommy Warren, a man who knows both the business and the creative sides of filmmaking!

OUR LOCATION: ND Venue - 501 Studios - http://ndvenue.com/location/. The entrance is on Brushy St. between 5th and 6th Streets, one block east of the I35N frontage road. This venue is downtown, is large, has a full-service bar, and has plenty of free parking -- on-the-street and in the large lot across from 501!

TIME SCHEDULE FOR MIXERS AT ND VENUE:
6 PM - Doors open(45 minutes to network)
6:45 PM - SPEAKERS and Q&A
7:15 PM - END OF PROGRAM(45 minutes to network)
8 PM - END OF MIXER

The doors open for the Poetry Slam at 8 PM, but it doesn't actually begin until 8:30 PM. Our attendees are invited to stay and enjoy the Slam and network.

Speakers at upcoming Network Austin Mixers:
Wed Nov 10 � Michael B. Druxman / Author, screenwriter
Wed Dec 8 �Angela Rawna / Actress - Regina Howard on Friday Night Lights

The Network Austin Mixer is now in its sixth year and we deeply appreciate your support, interest, and attendance! We meet on the second and last Wednesdays of each month. Google Pages will soon end and we will be moving to a new Google Pages or Yahoo Group, so always visit this website - http://www.networkaustinmixer.com - to keep updated about this change, and about the Mixers, our featured Speakers, links for information, networking, etc. There is no membership required to attend and no cover charge. The Mixers are open to people involved with or interested in film, media, acting, writing, producing, directing, etc. Join us and network!

Please pass on information about our Mixers to your friends and associates in the film/media industries, and if you have a website associated with those fields, please post our website - http://networkaustinmixer.com

IMPORTANT!!!

The Texas Film Incentive Program (House Bill 873) is now in place, thanks to the tireless efforts of Texas Film Commission Director Bob Hudgins - http://www.governor.state.tx.us/film, TX State Rep Dawnna Dukes - http://www.house.state.tx.us/members/dist46/dukes.php, TXMPA and thousands of people across the state,

BUT...

... people in the film, TV, gaming, and associated industries are facing a big problem. Stated quite simply: The renewal, and increase, in funding for the Texas Film incentive package.

Texas faces major budget shortfalls in a highly political season. To maintain employment for thousands of people and boost the industry in Texas, we all need to become actively engaged in this process. When? Immediately. Join TXMPA, contact people in all parts of Texas, get them to tell their representatives to support continued funding for the incentives, and help this effort in numerous ways. The growth, and perhaps survival, of these industries will be greatly affected by the legislative session in 2011. All hands onboard! We snooze, we lose! GET INVOLVED!

Google - Texas film incentives (House Bill 873), and visit http://www.governor.state.tx.us/film and other websites to get details!

TXMPA (http://www.txmpa.org/joomla/) is a nonprofit organization founded in Austin to become the advocate for the film, video, interactive, and digital media production industries in the Texas. TXMPA

  • is committed to building a strong community of industry professionals and to support legislation that benefits our industry,

  • is committed to educating the general public about our businesses and how we impact their lives through the hundreds of millions of dollars our productions pump into the economy,

  • supports legislation that will provide competitive economic incentives for the film, video, interactive, and video game industry.

There are major challenges ahead, so get involved. That's how things get done in politics. Thank you.

THE NETWORK AUSTIN MIXER CORE GROUP