Importing your Anki deck to StudyHerd.com?

ch...@studyherd.com

Aug 21, 2017, 4:48:57 AM8/21/17
to The Korean Language and Anki
Hi,

I wanted to ask your permission to import your Anki decks into www.studyherd.com. This is a learning marketplace that includes flashcards, multiple choice questions, etc. If it's ok, I'd love to create some classes using your Korean Anki decks - I'd be happy to turn ownership of the classes over to you, if you like. Otherwise, I'd just import the Anki cards as-is, and provide the classes for free.

Thanks!
Chris

Evita

Aug 21, 2017, 12:30:19 PM8/21/17
to The Korean Language and Anki
What's the concept of your site? Be another Memrise?

Sorry, I don't give you my permission. I saw that you already added my decks - please remove them. My decks are meant for Anki, not for other sites who want to make money from them.

gtga...@gmail.com

Aug 25, 2017, 12:54:18 AM8/25/17
to The Korean Language and Anki
It would be similar to memrise yes - with some additional features allowing you to better connect with your students and with a marketplace component, so you could earn some money from your work, if you choose to. I personally just find Anki a bit onerous to use, so wanted to make something that's a little more user (student) friendly.

I'm removed your decks - apologies, I was testing and had meant to make them private instead of public.

And just to be clear, I don't intend to make money (directly) from them - students would be free to use them without paying anything at all, just like Anki. I make money from students adding features to their accounts, or from teachers selling their lessons. Since I didn't create your lessons (obviously), I wouldn't sell them, they'd be free.

At any rate, again I've already removed them and hope I didn't offend you. I appreciate the hard work you've done to create the cards on Anki, and don't mean to take that away from you.

Evita

Aug 25, 2017, 1:51:32 AM8/25/17
to The Korean Language and Anki
Let's revisit this topic in a year when I can get a better idea of the features your site offers and the amount of students. If either one is lacking then it's just not worth it.

gtga...@gmail.com

Aug 25, 2017, 2:16:29 AM8/25/17
to The Korean Language and Anki
Certainly, Evita. Thanks for your time and sorry again for the earlier mistake in publishing the classes without your approval.