About the Vocabulary Deck

The Korean Language and Anki

Nov 27, 2014, 5:33:55 PM11/27/14
to the-korean-lan...@googlegroups.com
I created this deck in May 2012 and I've been adding new words to it ever since. I use it myself to study Korean so I am very careful about avoiding mistakes. I think this deck is pretty reliable in that regard.

Since I was adding words from various resources, they ended up in a pretty random order. As time went by and the number of words grew, I started thinking it would be a good idea to sort the words going from easier to harder for those who would download my deck from the Anki website. It took me some time to figure out how to do it from the technical point of view, but in the end I was successful. I have done about 3-4 major word reorderings since then. The last one was just now.

If you have already been using my deck and now want to import the updated version into Anki, you can safely do it and it will import all the new cards, but unfortunately it probably won't import the changed order of the old cards. The reason is that I had to add a temporary ordering field to the note type and Anki doesn't like it. However, if you are downloading my deck for the first time then everything should work perfectly.

As for the future, I will keep improving this deck but I won't be updating it on Ankiweb that often. Maybe two or three times a year (unless someone finds a mistake that I have to correct).

Good luck with your Korean studies!

Raphael Araújo

Aug 30, 2015, 10:01:50 PM8/30/15
to The Korean Language and Anki
First of all, thx a lot for this deck. It has been of immense help!

Nevertheless, could you tell me which material are the "eks" audios taken from? They seem much better than the rest and I'd love to buy their materials for the audio alone :P

Evita

Aug 31, 2015, 12:56:04 AM8/31/15
to The Korean Language and Anki
The "eks" audios are for sentences, not the vocabulary deck. In any case, I recommend buying the "Korean Grammar in Use" series or just the beginners' book, it's been one of my main resources and it has great grammar explanations and audio.

nrine...@gmail.com

Sep 4, 2015, 6:44:20 PM9/4/15
to The Korean Language and Anki
It has been a while since I have used anki, so perhaps I am simply missing something, but say I just want to look over level 1 or level 2 stuff how would I do that.  In other words is it possible to only look over one level or two levels at a time instead of all of them together.  Thank you for this wonderful addition to my learning resources.

Evita

Sep 5, 2015, 1:42:50 AM9/5/15
to The Korean Language and Anki
First of all, anyone who posts here - please make a new topic with your question. That way other people who might be wondering the same thing will see it at once.

Second, there's really no need to do what you are asking. The cards are already arranged in the desired order so you will study all of level 1 before starting level 2 and so on. Just make sure you have the setting "show new cards in the order added" and not in a random order.

But if you really want to do it, here's one way:

1) Open the card browser.
2) Click on the deck name in the left column and then click Ctrl+A in order to select all the cards in the deck.
3) Click Suspend (it's in the top row). The numbers in the Due column will turn from "x" to "(x)".
4) Find "dif1" on the left side, click on it to show all the cards in level 1, press Ctrl+A again and click Suspend again. This will unsuspend all the level 1 cards.
5) Repeat step 4 for level 2.

Noah Rinehart

Sep 5, 2015, 2:15:56 PM9/5/15
to The Korean Language and Anki
Thank you. This was exactly what I was looking for.  I realized that you had put them in the desired order, however I was wanting to use this throughout my learning process, and I was a little afraid that the the skill level of the cards would outpace my learning speed.  (It has been a while since I have used anki though so I may be misremembering how some of it works).

Would you like for me to make a new thread with my original question so others could see it?  I dont have any other questions at the moment, but I will remember in the future.

Thanks again

Evita

Sep 5, 2015, 3:49:26 PM9/5/15
to The Korean Language and Anki
No, don't create a new thread with the same question, that would be even more confusing.

Well, if you want to stop activating new cards for a while and catch up with your studies, you can always set the New Cards setting to 0. I think it's safer than suspending/unsuspending cards because if you suspend something there's a chance you will forget about it and never unsuspend it.

daniel....@gmail.com

Oct 21, 2015, 11:34:36 PM10/21/15
to The Korean Language and Anki
Evita,

I wanted to say thanks for making such great decks! Im just curious where most of the audio files came from for the vocab and grammar decks? They sound like TTMK to me:)

Thanks,
Dan

Evita

Oct 31, 2015, 10:45:45 AM10/31/15
to The Korean Language and Anki
Yeah, they come from TTMIK and some textbooks and also from the Naver dictionary.