Status Update levels

Xavier Novella Sinde

Jan 29, 2021, 9:01:43 AM1/29/21
to The Korean Language and Anki
Hello Evita
I have interest in starting the decks and have read that there are some issues when reimporting your decks in order to get updated parts. Do you think it is best to wait for the decks to be complete?
Could you please update the community about the future of the decks?
Would be wise to wait until your decks are finished or for your personal situation (and the huge amount of work one can see they need) you don't think that they will be finished "soon"?

PD - the work needed can be seen, hence the other thread about patreon. Sorry for spamming.

Thanks and have a nice weekend!

Evita

Jan 29, 2021, 12:35:49 PM1/29/21
to The Korean Language and Anki
There should not be any problems with importing an updated deck, I have tried it myself several times. You can start the deck right now if you want, no reason to wait.

I'm not sure what you mean by saying my decks need a huge amount of work. The grammar deck will have 7 levels and it is quite close to being finished, maybe it will have 300-400 more cards. There will be a separate deck for levels 8 and 9 and it will not be free. But that is at least three years into the future.

The vocabulary deck, I'm still not sure what I plan for it. I'm sure that eventually I will reduce the number of words available for free, but I also want to add example sentences. And the order of the words past 2000 will have to be improved before I can sell them. Anyway, for now this deck will stay as is on the Anki website.

Xavier Novella Sinde

Jan 29, 2021, 12:46:05 PM1/29/21
to The Korean Language and Anki
Hello Evita,
Thanks about the importing - Will download when If fight down the kanji monster.
About "work needed" - I meant that as a compliment to the huge work that you have put into them. They seem very complete and comprehensive.
About "payed levels" and future of the word decks, Thanks for the update - I wish there were something like this for japanese since I started.

Have a nice day!
Xavi

El dia divendres, 29 de gener de 2021 a les 18:35:49 UTC+1, Evita va escriure: