Error in vocab

espeo...@gmail.com

Apr 13, 2016, 11:19:07 PM4/13/16
to The Korean Language and Anki
Hi, for 문구 I think you meant to write "stationery" rather than "stationary".

Thanks for your effort in creating these decks.

Evita

Apr 14, 2016, 1:11:22 AM4/14/16
to The Korean Language and Anki
I used the Hippocrene Standard Korean Dictionary and it says "stationary" there. But that looks like an error in the dictionary. I'll update it.

espeo...@gmail.com

Jun 28, 2016, 5:00:30 PM6/28/16
to The Korean Language and Anki
Hi,

According to Naver, 꾸다 translates to dream or borrow, but the vocabulary deck has dream or burrow.

Thanks for diligently maintaining your decks.

Evita

Jul 2, 2016, 12:32:01 PM7/2/16
to The Korean Language and Anki
Thanks, I'll fix it in the next update.

espeo...@gmail.com

Dec 22, 2016, 3:40:45 AM12/22/16
to The Korean Language and Anki
Hi,

The 한자 for 요란하다 says 搖亂·擾擾. I believe it should be 搖亂·擾亂.

Thanks as always.

Evita

Dec 22, 2016, 12:18:06 PM12/22/16
to The Korean Language and Anki
You're right, I changed it. Thanks.

espeo...@gmail.com

Dec 23, 2016, 10:28:27 PM12/23/16
to The Korean Language and Anki
Hi,

I am unable to find 후훤하다 in Naver or Daum dictionary, is it meant to be 후원하다?

Thanks.

Evita

Dec 24, 2016, 2:07:45 AM12/24/16
to The Korean Language and Anki
Yes. I deleted that note a long time ago, in 2013 or 2014. I'm not sure how you have it if you've updated the deck recently. Updates should include note deletion. Or maybe they don't?

espeo...@gmail.com

Dec 24, 2016, 9:42:55 AM12/24/16
to The Korean Language and Anki
I updated it recently so it seems like it doesn't delete the old notes. Thanks for the explanation - I will make an effort to compare to the current deck before reporting in future.

espeo...@gmail.com

Aug 3, 2018, 1:29:31 PM8/3/18
to The Korean Language and Anki
에비타 님, 안녕하세요? 오랜만이에요.

이번에는 Korean Grammar Sentences이란 deck을 공부하다가 오타를 찾았네요.

"이 영화를 보지 마세요. 재미멊어요."

재미멊어요 -> 재미없어요

늘 감사합니다.

Evita

Aug 3, 2018, 4:25:52 PM8/3/18
to The Korean Language and Anki
Thank you,

I've fixed it for the next update.

espeo...@gmail.com

Oct 28, 2018, 7:11:55 AM10/28/18
to The Korean Language and Anki
Hi Evita,

The card in the Vocabulary deck for 상품 lists "prize" and "product, goods" as two English definitions. The 한자 characters for the "product, goods" meaning are there, but the 한자 for the "prize" meaning appears to be missing. It is 賞品 according to Naver.

Also, in the deck you recently updated, one of the cards says:
음식을 충분히 하는 게 좋겠어요. 주말이라 사람들이 많이 올 테니까요.

However, the audio says:
음식을 충분히 준비하는 게 좋겠어요. 주말이라 사람들이 많이 올 테니까요.

Thank you very much for all your hard work making these cards. Even though I myself am already familiar with most of the new grammar points you are adding, I can only imagine how useful they are to new learners and always recommend your decks when other Korean learners ask me for advice. I am also amazed you are still updating them after such a long time.

Evita

Oct 28, 2018, 9:06:39 AM10/28/18
to The Korean Language and Anki
Thanks for that. I fixed both things and I also put the "products" translation first because it's more common.

I'm currently in the middle of another massive card reordering for the vocabulary deck. Once you go past the first 1000 cards, the order was based too much on the 6000 newspaper word list. A while ago I discovered this dictionary and it has stars next to the common words. I've come to the conclusion that these stars are a better indicator of how popular a word is so I'm trying to take them into account. I wanted to publish the updated deck this year but there's still a lot to do. January or February seems more likely.

I know that many people abandon Anki and switch to native materials once they have learned 2000-3000 words so there's little point making the deck larger but the thing is - I'm still adding new words that should be up there (like 안쪽, 두세, or 밤늦다) and I want to finish it, do it properly. I also want my word list (not necessarily the Anki deck) to be the undisputed go-to list when someone asks "Where can I find the most common Korean vocabulary?" I will probably post the list on a website somewhere once I think it is ready. Maybe earn a little something from ads.

The sentence deck honestly is much harder work than the vocabulary deck. I can't reorder the cards easily because a single sentence contains many grammar points and all of them need to be introduced beforehand. So I have to plan the deck very carefully and always look ahead and look what example audio I can find and so on. I do it because I like helping other people learn and I don't believe anyone else can do it as well as I can. I'd like to keep the deck going until I reach advanced grammar but we'll see. I don't want to promise anything.

espeo...@gmail.com

Oct 30, 2018, 10:54:47 AM10/30/18
to The Korean Language and Anki
I personally think it's worthwhile for learners to continue with using Anki decks, so long as the material remains high quality. I admire your dedication towards making your decks the best they can possibly be.

By the way, I noticed what I think is another small error in the recent update, one of the cards says 마음씨도 고아요, which I believe should be 마음씨도 고와요.

I also noticed that you spelt 비빔밥 as "bibimpap" on a couple of cards. My personal experience suggests that it is usually romanised to "bibimbap". 국립국어원 also published a guide to romanisation in which they state "Note 1 : The sounds ㄱ, ㄷ, and ㅂ are transcribed respectively as g, d, and b before a vowel; they are transcribed as k, t, and p when they appear before another consonant or as the last sound of a word.(They are transcribed as pronunciation in [  ].)  ". Following that rule, I believe it should be "bibimbap". I recognise that romanisation is a sketchy area in Korean though, so if you prefer the current spelling then that is of course your prerogative.

Thank you.

Evita

Nov 3, 2018, 5:15:01 AM11/3/18
to The Korean Language and Anki
Yes, 고와요 is right. Damn, I need to be more careful in the future.

비빔밥 is pronounced as 비빔빱, that's why I have the 'p' there and I will leave it there. The word doesn't exist in English anyway so any way we write it will be wrong.

espeo...@gmail.com

Nov 8, 2018, 7:31:09 AM11/8/18
to The Korean Language and Anki
Hi Evita,

I think I have found one more error, this time in the vocab deck. 뒤쳐지다 appears to be a verb that means "to be turned over" or something similar. The correct spelling for the "to be left behind" meaning seems to be 뒤처지다 (coming from 처지다 rather than 뒤치다). https://www.korean.go.kr/front/onlineQna/onlineQnaView.do?mn_id=60&qna_seq=122094&pageIndex=1

Thanks for your speedy responses.

Evita

Nov 8, 2018, 3:50:34 PM11/8/18
to The Korean Language and Anki