Chase Scanlan Situation

The Juice Online

Apr 27, 2021, 4:57:47 PMApr 27
to the-juic...@googlegroups.com
Steve Infanti (@SteveInfantiNC9)
According to sources, SU's captains have requested a meeting with John Wildhack to discuss the Chase Scanlan situation. Scanlan was reinstated yesterday after being suspended last Monday. We're told Scanlan did not practice today. Players were prepared to walk out if he did.

Download the Twitter app

The Juice Online
The Inside Look at Syracuse Athletics
Part of the SNY.tv Blog Network
Partner of the ACC Digital Network
http://sujuiceonline.com/
Twitter: @thejuiceonline

Edwin Brooks

Apr 27, 2021, 5:06:25 PMApr 27
to the-juic...@googlegroups.com
If you delve into the replies of that tweet (I obviously did) there's a reply to the effect of "the same thing happened at Loyola and they
don't want him back there". My understanding was this was precipitated by an act of domestic violence. I'm guessing through deduction that he is a serial abuser
who has gotten away with it because he's good and his teammates don't want a George Hughely sequel. If that's the case, bravo to the kids on the team and pathetic
by Desko.

--
The Juice Online
The Inside Look at Syracuse Athletics
Part of the SNY.tv Blog Network
http://sujuiceonline.com/
---
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The Juice Online" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/the-juice-online/14BD654F-1934-4062-B6A3-24C85F3A974B%40gmail.com.

--

Edwin F. Brooks, Esquire
EDWIN F. BROOKS, LLC

(804) 648-1448-telephone
(804) 648-8001-facsimile

The Juice Online

Apr 27, 2021, 6:29:44 PMApr 27
to the-juic...@googlegroups.com
What’s interesting is that the coaches reinstated him without taking a straw poll from the team. It shows a real disconnect between the staff and the players.

And if the players don’t want to play with him, this must be something truly egregious.

The Juice Online
The Inside Look at Syracuse Athletics
Part of the SNY.tv Blog Network
Partner of the ACC Digital Network
http://sujuiceonline.com/
Twitter: @thejuiceonline

The Juice Online

Apr 28, 2021, 2:26:34 PMApr 28
to the-juic...@googlegroups.com
Josh Martin (@JoshMartinNC9)
NEW:  ⁦‪@SyracusePolice‬⁩ is working with ⁦‪@SyracuseDPS‬⁩ to investigate a domestic incident from April 18 involving Syracuse lacrosse player Chase Scanlan.

A day later, Scanlan was suspended from the team

#LocalSYR
⁦‪@NewsChannel9‬⁩

Download the Twitter app

Sent from my iPhone

The Juice Online
The Inside Look at Syracuse Athletics
Part of the SNY.tv Blog Network
Partner of the ACC Digital Network
http://sujuiceonline.com/
Twitter: @thejuiceonline

Ira Berkowitz

Apr 28, 2021, 2:32:52 PMApr 28
to the-juic...@googlegroups.com
And they were ready to reinstate him…that’s just awesome (dripping sarcasm). Our AD better get his act together.

Ira

Ira Berkowitz

Monarch Communications
Graphic Design, Advertising, Website Design,
Marketing, Printing, Public Relations

45 Essex Street
Suite 102
--
The Juice Online
The Inside Look at Syracuse Athletics
Part of the SNY.tv Blog Network
http://sujuiceonline.com/
---
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The Juice Online" group.

Edwin Brooks

Apr 28, 2021, 2:36:58 PMApr 28
to the-juic...@googlegroups.com
Yeah and this is a pattern going back to Loyola. SU needs a real AD, not an ESPN exec trying to learn on the job.

Linda Tatar Landau

Apr 28, 2021, 2:49:08 PMApr 28
to the-juic...@googlegroups.com
I had heard there was no proof. She was not pressing charges. Seems that has now changed. And I’m guessing some players have seen it happen or took her for medical attention or something. Because they knew the truth and were ready to blow up the season in order to do the right thing. And that makes me incredibly proud of these young men/student athletes.

Linda Tatar Landau
Realty One Group

On Wed, Apr 28, 2021 at 2:32 PM Ira Berkowitz <i...@moncominc.com> wrote:
And they were ready to reinstate him…that’s just awesome (dripping sarcasm). Our AD better get his act together.

Ira

Ira Berkowitz
<image.png>

Edwin Brooks

Apr 28, 2021, 2:51:32 PMApr 28
to the-juic...@googlegroups.com
The kids on the team are the heroes in this. They stood up for what's right. Desko, not so much and Wildhack is clearly just a figurehead. The "adults" should be ashamed of themselves. Linda I just saw in a facebook group we're both in that there are claims of problems with Q and players going back 10 years. That's news to me.

Linda Tatar Landau

Apr 28, 2021, 2:59:32 PMApr 28
to the-juic...@googlegroups.com
Not that I’m aware of. I am aware of maybe a player who graduated 2 years ago who was very dissatisfied. And yes currently

Linda Tatar Landau
Realty One Group

The Juice Online