Woody Newton enters portal

The Juice Online

Apr 6, 2021, 1:53:03 PMApr 6
to the-juic...@googlegroups.com
No surprises here.

The Juice Online
The Inside Look at Syracuse Athletics
Part of the SNY.tv Blog Network
Partner of the ACC Digital Network
http://sujuiceonline.com/
Twitter: @thejuiceonline

Edwin Brooks

Apr 6, 2021, 1:54:05 PMApr 6
to the-juic...@googlegroups.com
I was hopeful but I think he was gone the second Swider committed.

--
The Juice Online
The Inside Look at Syracuse Athletics
Part of the SNY.tv Blog Network
http://sujuiceonline.com/
---
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The Juice Online" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/the-juice-online/859928F8-C26F-4E8A-9711-CB73EC7C3DE6%40gmail.com.

--

Edwin F. Brooks, Esquire
EDWIN F. BROOKS, LLC

(804) 648-1448-telephone
(804) 648-8001-facsimile

The Juice Online

Apr 6, 2021, 4:14:50 PMApr 6
to the-juic...@googlegroups.com
I think Jimmy B is just waiting on Quincy to decide. Surprised Griffin hasn’t announced yet.

On Apr 6, 2021, at 10:54 AM, Edwin Brooks <bro...@efbrooks.com> wrote:

I was hopeful but I think he was gone the second Swider committed.

On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 1:53 PM The Juice Online <sujuic...@gmail.com> wrote:
No surprises here.

<Screenshot 2021-04-06 at 10.52.28 AM.png>

The Juice Online

Edwin Brooks

Apr 16, 2021, 1:55:48 PMApr 16
to the-juic...@googlegroups.com
Good landing spot for him. With Cunningham gone, there will be playing time available. He probably left
when it was clear Jimmy was coming, although he seemed to sour on SU the moment Braswell surpassed him
in the rotation. This will probably be more common in the future with how easy it is for kids to transfer. Even though Woody is a better
athlete than Jimmy, the team could well be better next year but it will probably come down to the point guard position again.

DSafetyGuy

Apr 16, 2021, 3:34:25 PMApr 16
to The Juice Online
Just because you mentioned point guard, I wouldn't be surprised to see some "point by committee" play next season.  Jimmy is a smart passer, so I wouldn't be surprised if they do some different things on offense.

His raw assist numbers at Cornell aren't particularly good, but they used him as their primary scoring option.  His assist rate as a junior jumped from an average 15.7 overall to 20.0 against top 100 opponents (five games) and 27.5 against top 50 opponents (two games - SU and Penn State), which are very small sample sizes, but shows he can create for teammates against athletic defenders and double teams.  I'd also mention he was relying on Ivy-caliber players making shots to get him assists.

Jim Stechschulte

Scott Wolfson

Apr 17, 2021, 1:47:44 PMApr 17
to the-juic...@googlegroups.com

Syracuse Women's Basketball Lands Arizona State Transfer Eboni Walker

The Orange picked up a forward transfer to add to its roster.

On Apr 16, 2021, at 3:34 PM, DSafetyGuy <dsafe...@gmail.com> wrote:

Just because you mentioned point guard, I wouldn't be surprised to see some "point by committee" play next season.  Jimmy is a smart passer, so I wouldn't be surprised if they do some different things on offense.
--
The Juice Online
The Inside Look at Syracuse Athletics
Part of the SNY.tv Blog Network
http://sujuiceonline.com/
---
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The Juice Online" group.

Linda Tatar Landau

Apr 17, 2021, 2:04:07 PMApr 17
to the-juic...@googlegroups.com
Lots of SU AZ connections this week...