Syracuse Adds Arizona State Transfer OL | Sports Illustrated Syracuse Orange News, Analysis and More

Steve Auger

Aug 11, 2021, 11:51:14 AMAug 11
to Syracuse List Serve

The Juice Online

Aug 11, 2021, 11:56:26 AMAug 11
to the-juic...@googlegroups.com
Great insurance policy for Dakota Davis and Chris Bleich. Wonder if he can slide outside at tackle in a pinch as well.

The Juice Online
The Inside Look at Syracuse Athletics
Part of the SNY.tv Blog Network
Partner of the ACC Digital Network
http://sujuiceonline.com/
Twitter: @thejuiceonline

On Aug 11, 2021, at 8:51 AM, Steve Auger <saug...@hotmail.com> wrote:

--
The Juice Online
The Inside Look at Syracuse Athletics
Part of the SNY.tv Blog Network
http://sujuiceonline.com/
---
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The Juice Online" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/the-juice-online/BL0PR02MB37157574DE069597FFCB363AD8F89%40BL0PR02MB3715.namprd02.prod.outlook.com.

Craig Weinstein

Aug 11, 2021, 12:03:33 PMAug 11
to the-juic...@googlegroups.com

Considering John Sweetwood (https://cuse.com/sports/football/roster/john-sweetwood/20230) is now a back-up offensive tackle, I think Cody can handle it.

Aug 11, 2021, 12:11:22 PMAug 11
to the-juic...@googlegroups.com
Please tell me this is a joke. The guy is my size. I'd heard Davis was
injured yesterday. Anyone have any idea of the severity?

--
The Juice Online
The Inside Look at Syracuse Athletics
Part of the SNY.tv Blog Network
http://sujuiceonline.com/
---
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The Juice Online" group.

Edwin F. Brooks, Esquire
EDWIN F. BROOKS, LLC
6 West Broad Street
Richmond, VA 23220

(804) 648-1448-telephone
(804) 648-8001-facsimile

Steve Auger

Aug 11, 2021, 12:12:04 PMAug 11
to the-juic...@googlegroups.com
Dino said the Davis walking boot is nothing serious & he's expected back soon.

Aug 11, 2021, 12:15:53 PMAug 11
to the-juic...@googlegroups.com

Davis has a ‘lower leg injury’, but should be okay.

Of course it was a joke. Just making a point that anything is possible with our O Line evidenced by Chris Elmore last season.

Edwin Brooks

Aug 11, 2021, 12:18:02 PMAug 11
to the-juic...@googlegroups.com
I figured it was, but after Elmore, you never know.

Steve Auger

Aug 11, 2021, 12:38:49 PMAug 11
to the-juic...@googlegroups.com
Both the new WR and OL both had good offer sheets previously so why not give each of them a shot? Each can potentially add quality depth to both positional groups.

Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 2021 11:50 AM

DSafetyGuy

Aug 11, 2021, 4:29:42 PMAug 11
to The Juice Online
Koda Martin got All-SEC consideration at offensive tackle and transferred to SU on a normal schedule (in time for the spring semester), then spent a lot of time grousing to Dino about how hard it was to get in shape to play here due to the desired offensive tempo.  Cody Shear hasn't played in a game in four years of college football (redshirted, played on scout team, redshirted as a regular transfer, then was on active roster last season).

Devaughn Cooper has 41 career receptions over parts of five seasons at two schools that played different offensive schemes than what SU does.

While they're better than some options out there and it's better to use the scholarships than not (Shear has two years of eligibility), particularly on older guys who are at least more physically prepared to play in college, if either player contributes in games this year, it's a bad sign because it means injuries or poor play by those who have been in the program for a longer period of time.

Jim Stechschulte

The Juice Online