Inquiry- how the heck do I get my grid on the hypergrid???

Annabelle Fanshaw

Sep 14, 2013, 7:17:29 AM9/14/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone-
You are all way more experienced than I am, so I hope you can help solve my problem with connecting to the HG.  I am on Alchemy Sims Grid - 16 regions- which stands alone.  I have rezzed the Hypergate, registered my region- Plumbum- can see the destination on the map that comes up, but then I get an "internal error".  Do I need to change something in the ini files?  I am running OpenSim 0.7.4, although we can upgrade if necessary.  I would really like for people to visit.  Any ideas?  Please see attached images for further clarification of the problem.  Thanks all for any help and advice.

John Lester

Sep 14, 2013, 10:51:31 AM9/14/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi Annabelle,

Great to see you wanting to connect to the Hypergrid.  That's fantastic!

First off, I highly recommend you upgrade to OpenSim 0.7.5, since that's the version that includes the latest and greatest version of Hypergrid:  Hypergrid 2.0 (for details see http://metaverseink.com/blog/?p=459) You'll need to tweak some configuration settings in OpenSim to turn on Hypergrid.  Details here: http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Installing_and_Running_Hypergrid

Second, what distro (distribution) of OpenSim are you running?  The full list is here: http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Download

Lastly, is your server out there on a hosting provider's network or is it running on a computer behind a router on a home network?  If the latter is true, you'll have to do something called "port forwarding" on your router.  I can explain more about that later.

Take care,
-Pathfinder

http://about.me/pathfinder

“If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea.”  -Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Annabelle Fanshaw