Blog post: Hypergrid Adventurers Club – Visiting the Center for Global Health’s East Africa Traveler Safety Simulation

John "Pathfinder" Lester

Sep 29, 2013, 12:16:47 PM9/29/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
I just wrote a brief summary of last night's tour.  I hope everyone had a good time.

http://becunningandfulloftricks.com/2013/09/29/hypergrid-adventurers-club-visiting-the-center-for-global-healths-east-africa-traveler-safety-simulation/

Take care,
-Pathfinder

Merlin Moonshadow

Sep 29, 2013, 12:30:55 PM9/29/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
I had major problems getting to (and then through) the EATS sim, and ended up crashing pretty hard. It was still fun, though - looking forward to the next adventure.  :)

Merlin / Michael

Any Gynoid

Sep 30, 2013, 3:50:35 AM9/30/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hi HGAC! I got the address globalhealth.bio-se.info:9000:Traveler from your chat at HypergridUpper and took the Safari health tour. Very interesting Thank You.

David Solomonoff

Sep 30, 2013, 8:43:41 AM9/30/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for making this happen. Unfortunately I had some trouble with
Singularity and wasn't able to make it.

Looking forward to the next adventure (and may use a different viewer).

David Solomonoff

Anthony Leaman

Sep 30, 2013, 2:17:48 AM9/30/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I did go but went earlier than everyone else ..there were some strange behaviours by the sim ..several times I experienced there being no terrain ..everything suspended in the air..but did get it right eventually and it was a very worthwhile trip .would very likely not ever visited there otherwise...met Rachel also.

The write up is excellent and look forward to more adventures..

Ellie Brewster .

Sep 30, 2013, 11:58:14 AM9/30/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
I had some problems, too.  I went later on, and the terrain texture was missing. Snow in Africa? I don't think so.

I hope there's a next time, though, and maybe we can do a hypergridding boot camp sometime? Like, with challenges?  Or maybe a race? Or a scavenger hunt?

James Stallings II

Sep 30, 2013, 12:07:10 PM9/30/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
Anthony, Ellie:

Those are the classic symptoms of jumping to a sim that is on the coordinate grid at a distance greater than 4096 regions from that which you jumped from.

Read back through this thread, you will find instructions on how to make jumps to intervening regions and arrive with all assets intact at the destination :)

Cheers and Good Luck next time :)

James/Hiro

John Lester

Sep 30, 2013, 12:34:15 PM9/30/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
Ellie, are you using the Imprudence viewer?  I've used to see missing terrain textures (replaced with white) all the time back when I used Imprudence.

-Pathfinder

http://about.me/pathfinder

“If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea.”  -Antoine de Saint-Exupéry