Re: [HGAC] Digest for the-hypergrid-adventurers-club@googlegroups.com - 10 Messages in 1 Topic

Carol H Tucker

Sep 9, 2013, 9:45:32 AM9/9/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
I would love to be able to follow your adventures, even tho I cannot join you very often -- my job alas does not include virtual reality....

Carol/beladona Memorial

On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 3:32 AM, <the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/the-hypergrid-adventurers-club/topics

    "John \"Pathfinder\" Lester" <john.e...@gmail.com> Sep 08 08:12AM -0700

    Hi folks,

    I know we haven't been actively touring in about a year, but I know you're
    all still interested in the Hypergrid. So I wanted to let you all know I'm
    giving a talk today about the Hypergrid at the OpenSim Community
    Conference.

    Details about my talk here: http://sched.co/18YmK6R
    Live streaming video will be here: http://t.co/68tLma5Ud9

    And if you miss the talk, the session will be recorded for later viewing.

    Please me know what you think of my presentation if you get a chance to see
    it. And if you're interested in me starting up the HGAC meetings/tours
    again, please let your voice be heard in this Google Group. If enough
    people are interested, I'll reboot. :)

    Take care,
    -Pathfinder

    iamneocortex <iamneo...@gmail.com> Sep 08 05:17PM +0200

    count me in! (maybe we'll find some nice places to explore in real 3D ^^)

    2013/9/8 John "Pathfinder" Lester <john.e...@gmail.com>

    Sandra Sutton Andrews <sandra...@gmail.com> Sep 08 11:00AM -0700

    I would love to join in this time. I think that after the conference there
    may be more people for whom, like me, the conference has been the first
    successful experience.

    On 8 September 2013 08:12, John "Pathfinder" Lester <john.e...@gmail.com

    Sandra Sutton Andrews, PhD
    The Millet House Gallery & Books

    Pete MacKichan <pete.ma...@gmail.com> Sep 08 09:25PM +0100

    Hi Path,

    I'm always ready to do a bit of exploring. I thought the meetings were
    very useful, especially as they took me to places I otherwise might not
    have visited.

    Pete

    On 08/09/2013 19:00, Sandra Sutton Andrews wrote:

    Any Gynoid <any1g...@googlemail.com> Sep 08 03:45PM -0400

    I'd love to be there John... helpdesk is not sending me credentials... to
    login... tried using JoykadiaGRID creds too... not working. Pls poke
    someone for me! Thx!

    On Sun, Sep 8, 2013 at 2:00 PM, Sandra Sutton Andrews <

    Richard Hackathorn <rich...@bolder.com> Sep 08 02:36PM -0600

    Thank you for your talk at OSCC13, Pathfinder!

    For me, it bought back old memories and new dreams! Richard

    *Dr. Richard D. Hackathorn, president
    Bolder Technology, Inc. - realizing the value in tech
    4740 Hancock Drive, Boulder, CO 80303 USA
    Office: 303-447-8677 Cell: 303-506-2049
    Email: rich...@bolder.com Twitter: Hackathorn
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/hackathorn*

    On Sun, Sep 8, 2013 at 9:12 AM, John "Pathfinder" Lester <

    Beth O'Connell <bookla...@gmail.com> Sep 08 04:55PM -0700

    On Sunday, September 8, 2013 11:12:34 AM UTC-4, John "Pathfinder" Lester wrote:

    > Please me know what you think of my presentation if you get a chance to see it.  And if you're interested in me starting up the HGAC meetings/tours again, please let your voice be heard in this Google Group.  If enough people are interested, I'll reboot. :)

    > Take care,
    > -Pathfinder

    Your talk was inspirational--so many beautiful places! I'm so jealous that I wasn't part of this group from the beginning, but I wouldn't have been ready, anyway. Now I am. Thanks for always leading the way!
    :o)
    Beth

    John Lester <john.e...@gmail.com> Sep 09 12:10AM -0400

    Beth, welcome to our group. Thank you for joining us!

    Richard, I'm happy you enjoyed my presentation. That's what I was shooting
    for: looking back then looking forward. :)

    http://about.me/pathfinder

    “If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up the men to gather wood, divide
    the work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and
    endless sea.” -Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Carol H. Tucker

"I only care about the words that flutter from your mind. They are the only thing you truly own. The only thing I will remember you by. I will not fall in love with your bones and skin. I will not fall in love with the places you have been. I will not fall in love with anything but the words that flutter from your Extraordinary Mind."
~ Andre Jordan

Delenn Daines

Sep 9, 2013, 1:56:56 PM9/9/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I would like to go hypergridding again!

Jim Williams

Sep 18, 2013, 12:38:50 PM9/18/13
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi John,

I've never "been available" at the right time to come exploring with you, but we do go out exploring from time to time and I've always found what you are up to interesting.

Hyperjumping is still a bit like bungee jumping without a bridge, but it has gotten quite a bit more reliable than it used to be.  I think we are in a period of consolidation and building stability.  OSG is holding up most of the time lately; which is good.

Jim.
No essence.  No permanence.  No perfection.  Only action.