Tour Tomorrow - April 12 @4pm EDT - Devokan Tao (Myst/Uru)

John "Pathfinder" Lester

Apr 11, 2012, 7:43:21 PM4/11/12
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
Howdy folks!

Here's the notecard agenda for tomorrow's meeting.

==================================

How to make a Manual Hypergrid Jump in 4 easy steps

1) Open your World Map in your viewer (I recommend Imprudence viewer).
2) In the text box next to the Search button, enter the Hypergrid Address.
3) Click the Search button and wait for the map to move to the destination region.
4) Click the Teleport button.

For a list of Hypergrid Landmarks, see http://becunningandfulloftricks.com/hypergrid-landmarks/

And for more information about our meetings, see http://becunningandfulloftricks.com/hypergrid-adventurers-club.

We always start our meetings on the region "Scooter" on jokaydiaGRID.

TODAY'S AGENDA:

Today we'll visit Devokan Tao, the central hub of a stunning collection of regions inspired by Myst/Uru.  Learn more about the Devokan Project in Opensim at http://thumdar.com/forum/secondlife/22694-osgrid-devokan-project.html.

Here's our path from the region "Scooter" on jokaydiaGRID:

Hypergrid Address: jokaydia.metaverseworlds.com:8002:Scooter
Landing Region: Scooter
Hypergrid Coordinates: (1000,1000)
Grid/Owner Website: http://jokaydiagrid.com

JUMP #1
Hypergrid Address: sanctuary.homelinux.org:8012:Gateway1
Landing Region: Gateway1
Hypergrid Coordinates: (5000,5000)

JUMP #2
Hypergrid Address: fleepgrid.com:8002:FleepGrid Plaza
Landing Region: FleepGrid Plaza
Hypergrid Coordinates: (9013,9013)
Grid/Owner Website: http://fleepgrid.com
Notes: Run by Fleep Tuque (aka Chris M. Collins), a pioneering educator in the use of immersive education and virtual worlds.  Check out the fantastic educational area on her grid that lets you walk through a 3-d explanation of how Opensim works.

JUMP #3 (FINAL DESTINATION)
Hypergrid Address: hg.osgrid.org:80:Devokan Tao
Landing Region: Devokan Tao
Hypergrid Coordinates: (10627,10625)
Grid/Owner Website: http://forum.devokan.org/

John "Pathfinder" Lester

Apr 13, 2012, 1:00:17 PM4/13/12
to the-hypergrid-a...@googlegroups.com
Blog post with lots of pics.
"Hypergrid Adventurers Club visits a Myst and Uru inspired world: Devokan Trust on OSGrid"
http://becunningandfulloftricks.com/2012/04/13/devokantrust/