Leverage Social Media for Business

The House Moderator

Oct 4, 2009, 5:42:39 PM10/4/09
to The House Of Business
Hello everyone,

If you've visited the site recently you may have noticed quite a few
changes and hopefully improvements:

The House Of Business will now be known as The HOB.Biz. This seemed a
logical name since many members were already refering to the network
as The HOB. This also means that you can now use a shorter URL if you
like:

(main homepage) or:
thehob.biz/network.html</a> (network homepage)

There are many consultants on The HOB and many other people with
expertise either from years of experience or from education or a
combination of the two. We now have an excellent way to let the world
know about your expertise:

target="_blank">The Expert/Trustee page!</a>

Experts make their knowledge available to other members who can ask
them questions in the forum on this page. This way we can build up yet
another valuable knowledge-resource for everyone and you can be
recognized for your expertise at the same time. A number of Residents
have already agreed to participate: <a href="http://
www.thehouseofbusiness.com/expertform.html" target="_blank">feel free
to do the same!</a>

You can also become a Trustee, for example by volunteering to manage
one of our many Clubs here or elsewhere on the web. If this is for
you: please <a href="http://www.thehouseofbusiness.com/
expertform.html" target="_blank">fill out the same form</a> and apply!

We now have a page that lists our networks <a href="http://
www.thehouseofbusiness.com/newsmore.html?ifrm_5=http://www.thehouseofbusiness.com/feeds.html"
target="_blank">RSS Feeds</a>. On the page you can view them and
subscribe by e-mail or with the feedreader of your choice. The feeds
are also distributed through Feedburner which means that every video,
blog, discussion or shop you create on the network now will have more
exposure on top of the fact that they are already tweeted about.

The <a href="http://www.thehouseofbusiness.com/newsmore.html"
target="_blank">Business News</a> page has been renewed. It now has a
more pleasant look and feel with business news from all over the world
and from it you can navigate to 10 renewed pages with essential links
in ten business categories full of feeds, links and video on the
subject.

The <a href="http://network.thehouseofbusiness.com/page/whitepaper-
exchange" target="_blank">Whitepaper Exchange Downloads</a> page has
been renewed. You can download business documents Residents have
uploaded directly from the page and when you scroll down you can
access ten folders with downloads including hundreds of quality
whitepapers and presentations from our Box.net account. you can also
upload, rate and review files and on Box.net access your online
office.

You can now take polls but you can also create them using your
Polldady account from the page: <a href="http://
network.thehouseofbusiness.com/opensocial/ningapps/show?appUrl=http%3A
%2F%2Fjr.polldaddy.com%2Fxml%2Fmodules%2Fning.xml%3Fning-app-status
%3Dnetwork&amp;owner=02bssnf0nlkvc" target="_blank">My Polls</a>.

If you have a service or product to sell you can now refrain from
cluttering up the blogospehere with one line messages and banners and
instead create a free classified add from the <a href="http://
network.thehouseofbusiness.com/opensocial/ningapps/show?appUrl=http%3A
%2F%2Fning.adbhai.com%2Fmarket%2Fxml%2Fmp.xml%3Fning-app-status
%3Dnetwork&amp;owner=02bssnf0nlkvc" target="_blank">My Classifieds
Adds</a> page.

Apart from the online office facilities we offer in combination with
our Box.net account you can now also access your <a href="http://
network.thehouseofbusiness.com/opensocial/ningapps/show?appUrl=http%3A
%2F%2Fhosting.gmodules.com%2Fig%2Fgadgets%2Ffile
%2F106710888310207125845%2Fning.xml%3Fning-app-status
%3Dnetwork&amp;owner=02bssnf0nlkvc" target="_blank">GoogleDocs
account</a> directly from the network and display them on your
profile.

On <a href="http://network.thehouseofbusiness.com/opensocial/ningapps/
show?appUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fslinkning.com%2Fspec.xml%3Fning-app-status
%3Dnetwork&amp;owner=02bssnf0nlkvc" target="_blank">My News</a> you
can add your own news stories (press releases about your business for
example)

You can do this through your <a href="http://
network.thehouseofbusiness.com/profiles/profile/apps"
target="_blank">MyApps</a>, which now has GoogleDocs, My News, My
Polls and My Adds pre-configurated on their for everyone in the
network but you can add a number of other applications by choosing
from a vast list of The HOB Apps or adding your own by URL.

You can <a href="http://hobshop.thehouseofbusiness.com/"
target="_blank">create an unlimited number of online shops</a> and
view them in a similar overview on a single page.

Last but not least: on the <a href="http://www.thehouseofbusiness.com/
socialmediamore.html" target="_blank">My Social Media</a> page you can
select Social Media and Business Clubs by criteria such as Activity
and/or Subject and directly access some 20 of your Social Media
accounts directly on the page and navigate the vast expanse of our
hundreds of business clubs all over the web with the click of a mouse.
Each of the Social Media listed has a <a href="http://
network.thehouseofbusiness.com/groups/group/search?q=My+Club"
target="_blank">companion User-Club</a> on the network so you can
easily locate other Residents all over the web, for example on Skype
where we have our own Directory that you can join. You can also use
multi-post accounts such as Ping.fm on the page and track your Tweets
with Seesmic.

We are very exited about everything we've accomplished over the past
month and we hope you are to.At the beginning of the month I predicted
that we would approach 1.000 members in The HOB this month. The good
news is: we did (approach it), the bad news is: we're not quite there
yet (unless you count the hundreds of external members in our many
Business Clubs). If you are we hope you help spread the word by <a
href="http://network.thehouseofbusiness.com/invite"
target="_blank">inviting some of your friends</a>!

Best regards,

Job

The HOB.Biz