Recording from July and reminder about next week

Rob Whitner

Aug 26, 2022, 12:43:45 PM8/26/22
to The Henri Poincaré Webinar Series
Hi everyone,

We're looking forward to Nader Engheta's presentation next Tuesday. If you haven't already registered, please check it out:

Light Manipulation with Four-Dimensional (4D) Metastructures

If you missed last month's presentation by Avik Battacharya, the recording is available online, and the chat script is below.

Aspects of Polarization for Earth Observation

00:27:59    Rob W | SPIE Chat Moderator:    Hello everyone, we are happy you are here!  I’m Rob Whitner and I am part of the SPIE team. Feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rob-whitner-467a212b/
00:28:22    Rob W | SPIE Chat Moderator:    If you have any questions for our presenter during the presentation, you can post it in the Q&A section, in your Zoom control tab. If you see any questions you like, feel free to up-vote any questions you want answered.
00:28:39    Rob W | SPIE Chat Moderator:    Chat messages can be sent to Everyone or just to today’s panelists (which includes event staff). Please address technical problems to ‘All panelists.’
00:28:57    Rob W | SPIE Chat Moderator:    Live transcription is enabled as an accessibility aid. You can control the settings using the 'Live Transcript' button in your Zoom control tab.
00:29:05    Rob W | SPIE Chat Moderator:    This session is being recorded and will be shared. You will be emailed the recording in the coming days, as well as be able to find it archived on SPIE.org/poincare
00:29:17    Rob W | SPIE Chat Moderator:    To join the Henri Poincaré Google group, go to https://groups.google.com/g/the-henri-Poincaré-webinar-series and click Join. A Google account is needed to join on your own. If you do not have an account, please email Thomas Germer (thomas...@nist.gov) to have him add you to the group.

We also have a new website with information about upcoming speakers and all the recordings from previous presentations: https://spie.org/poincare
00:29:29    Rob W | SPIE Chat Moderator:    Please follow the SPIE Digital Event Code of Conduct. https://www.spie.org/conferences-and-exhibitions/spie-event-policies#Commenting

00:35:54    Thomas Germer:    Thanks for joining us! I'm Thom Germer from NIST in Gaithersburg, Maryland, https://www.linkedin.com/in/thomas-a-germer/
00:40:03    Tatiana Novikova:    Hello, I am Tatiana Novikova from Ecole polytechnique, France,  I am glad that you have joined us https://www.linkedin.com/in/tatiana-novikova-45039a1a/
00:41:54    Rob W | SPIE Chat Moderator:    If you have any questions for our presenter, please post in the Q&A section, which you can find in your Zoom control tab. You can also read through other questions and up-vote any you are interested in.
01:32:06    Rob W | SPIE Chat Moderator:    We will now open the discussion for Q&A. Additional questions may be asked in the Q&A section. We will request that you turn on your mic so you can ask your question out loud.
01:40:22    Rob W | SPIE Chat Moderator:    Be sure to register for the next events in the series.
www.spie.org/poincare

“Four-dimensional (4D) metastructures”
Nader Engheta, University of Pennsylvania
August 30, 13:00 UTC | 6:00 am PT

“Optical polarisation gratings and their use in chiral analysis”
Robert P. Cameron, University of Strathclyde
September 27, 21:00 UTC | 2:00 PM PT
01:40:39    Rob W | SPIE Chat Moderator:    A reminder: to join the Henri Poincaré Google group, go to https://groups.google.com/g/the-henri-Poincaré-webinar-series and click Join. A Google account is needed to join on your own. If you do not have an account, please email Thomas Germer (thomas...@nist.gov) to have him add you to the group.