Anything new?

hach...@gmail.com

Oct 9, 2006, 2:17:51 PM10/9/06
to The Gradone Family
Hey everyone!
It's been quite a few months since anyone has said or done anything
here, so I thought I'd say hello. I haven't had much luck with any new
stuff really. The only thing I have found of note is a 1925 Boston
telephone directory which lists Michael B. Gradone, plumber at 111
Chelsea E. It also lists Mary Gradone, widow of Salvatore. With that,
I can narrow down Michael's father's death to prior to 1925. I still
don't know if he died in the U.S. or if he went back to Italy where he
died.

Also, I have recently found an individual of Italian descent who is
fluent in speaking and writing Italian. I have had him help me with
several letters to various locations in the Avellino region of Italy
pertaining to the Gradone family. I have written to the local town
government as well as Parrocchia S. Maria Assunta, where Raffaele
Gradone stayed as priest. With that request specifically, I hope to
find some information on Raffaele that has been kept within the records
of the parish. I would think there has to be something kept as record
that he was the priest there.

Next thought: I would like to start putting together a scrapbook of
Gradone related pictures, documents, etc. This is where you guys would
come in. If possible or feasable, I would love for you to scan/copy
any old pictures, documents, letters, etc. of the family. I think the
next "real" step in finding past Gradone family will be to hire a
genealogist in the region (which I have already contacted... It's just
a matter of raising the funds to hire him). So for now I'd like to
create a good and as complete as possible picture of the Gradones based
on what everyone has. Drop me an email about this - I would really
love your help!

Finally, does anyone have any contact with Arthur Gradone, Jr.? It
looks like he's living in West Roxbury... I was going to send him a
letter but thought I'd see if anyone is ever in touch with him first.

So there you have it. I hope everyone is doing well. I'm thinking I'd
like to come out to New England in the next few months (probably
springtime next year is the most likely) and I'd love to at least
introduce myself to some of you. But we'll see where that goes when it
gets closer to reality!

Talk to you all soon!
--Brian--