Peg La Centra

lisa...@comcast.net

Feb 1, 2006, 8:45:55 PM2/1/06
to The Gradone Family
Well guys, I don't much about when Grammy came over, but I will share
one of my favorite Gradone tales, that of Auntie Ollie's daughter Peg
La Centra.

Peg was born in Boston on April 10 (my birthday) in 1910. She was a
singer, and even sang with Artie Shaw's band, which was undoubtedly a
factor on why it was Dad's favorite big band. She married actor, Paul
Stewart, who was born in 1908 in N.Y. He had a very long film and TV
career, all the way up to the 80's when he died of a heart attack. But
I love that he was in Citizen Kane (1941). He was known as handsome
character actor, usually playing villains. They stayed married until
his death in '86 and she died in '96 I believe.

So that's my Gradone trivia for the night. Anyone else?