A basic tree?

Message has been deleted

hach...@gmail.com

Feb 2, 2006, 8:10:11 AM2/2/06
to The Gradone Family
Hi everyone!
What I'd love to know is the basic family tree of the Gradone family in
the U.S. I just read the post regarding Auntie Ollie... How is there
a relation there? Was that Michael Gradone's sister? How many Gradone
siblings came to the U.S.? According to the Ellis Island website there
were three people from Castlevetere that arrived together in 1910.
There was Michaelangelo (age 18) and Elisa (age 13) Gradone who were
credited as brothers-in-law to Francisco Lucentra(?). The third person
was Maria Nargi (age 55), widowed. The way the manifest reads, the
first line is Maria Nargi, the second line says "daughter Gradone,
Elisa" and then Michaelangelo Gradone. The column for the name and
address of nearest relative or friend for all three is Raffaele
Gradone, son of Maria Nargi and brother to Elisa and Michaelangelo of
Castlevetere. Could Maria Nargi be Michaelangelo's mother? I was told
that Raffaele stayed in Castelvetere and spent his life as the local
parish priest. So much to learn! You've all got to tell me all you
know! I feel so out of the loop with the family history.

As far as Josephine D'Annunzio goes, I've been told by Grammy (Sylvia)
that she and Michaelangelo were set up with a prearranged marriage to
get Josephine to the U.S. Apparently there were some strong ties
between the Gradone and D'Annunzio families... Unfortunately that's
about all I've been able to get from her.

What I'd love to see are any pictures you may have that you'd like to
share. I've been putting together a rather extensive family history of
all the branches of my lineage and the Gradone side seems to be the
thinnest (for obvious reasons), but I don't think I've even seen
pictures of all my great-aunts and uncles!

Alright, alright... I'll stop until I have something constructive to
say.
--Brian--