The Project in Hindsight

Message has been deleted

Wolven

Dec 25, 2006, 2:56:18 AM12/25/06
to The Furry Movie Project
*** An audio presentation of the following is available at the
following location***

<ftp://furry:fu...@74.106.223.176/>

Hi there,
My name is Wolven, and I'm a 21yo furry from the east coast of
Canada. In recent days, I have been discussing with a good friend of
mine the possibility of initiating a certain project for the entire
furry community as a whole. We're really going out the limb with
this, So here goes...
We all know that the furry fandom has but grown in recent years and I
am much honored to have grown up in it. I have seen it slowly began to
surface in our mainstream media, as well as be in high demand online.
Having said this, I believe it would be a great idea to help organize,
or at nothing more, initiate a full length, anthropomorphic, furry
movie that would centralize around the everyday life occurrences of our
furry counterparts. This movie would of course present the overall best
portrayal of life in our existence, including nothing less than the
drama, adventure, romance, even sexual content as what currently is
used within the mainstream media. All this considered, I believe that
it could not only grab the interest of many within our own subculture,
but perhaps an even greater audience could be reached.
>From what I have seen, those artists who have already brought the furry
mindset into animation have been quite successful at doing this. It is
my belief then, that if a great enough pooling of ideas was to occur
within the fandom as a whole, we would have more than enough resources
to achieve this goal of creating something to be enjoyed by many. This
could be, in the beginnings, a free for all discussion among any who
wish to get involved. This, in itself would warrant the need for some
organization of our thoughts, be it in some kind of forum, or message
board of some kind. If such ideas have been already started in some
places, I would only hope that this all be added to such forums. And if
such projects have already been started, that's wonderful. I would
only hope to invite such contributions into yet a greater scale of
possibility. Not one fur out there would have his or her suggestion
ignored, but instead taken into consideration. We'd do this as to not
only make this a fair endeavor for all, but to also be able to use this
diversity as a catalyst to create something even more insightful.
Speaking from my own mindset, I do not wish to gain royalty from this,
but instead have something that I've really longed for, and I'm
sure others have as well, really take off and soar. From my
understandings, the big movie companies such as Disney and others have
not wanted any association to the fandom. I mean, they are very
successful industry that has the right to run things the way they wish.
But then, so do we.
I would like to add here, that I commend all the work done by all of
you artists, animators, and story tellers out there, and to your own
successes. I would hope to at nothing more to be able to make tribute
to those accomplishments and push the envelope even further.
So I will conclude here in saying that this huge undertaking could very
much be a reality that we could all take part in creating, and who
knows how far we can keep this ball rolling. For all those interested,
I invite your response to this by email at wolven....@gmail.com or
on yahoo IM as "wolven_deviance" Should anyone out there wish to
reach me by phone, my number is (506)442-1072. I hope to have sparked
some interest out there. And on a final note, I would like to leave you
all with a great quote that has helped me achieve the goals I set
before me...
"Argue your own limitations, and you get to keep them" -Richard
Bach, Illusions
Cheers!