Best catfish for gravel substrate?

Jason Bodine

Sep 23, 2016, 3:36:20 PM9/23/16
to The Freshwater Aquarium
Hi Everyone!

My name is Jason Bodine.  I'm from Gadsden, Alabama.  I have a 29g tank with a 40g HOB Walmart filter, bubble wand (and 40g Tetra Whisper Air Pump), and all plastic plants except for a floating water sprite and 3 patches of Fissidens fontantus moss.  Currently, I only have 6 skirt tetras in the tank, as I've only had it up and running for three weeks!  My question is, what are the best catfish for a community tank with a gravel substrate? I love corydoras, but I made the mistake of putting standard-sized gravel from Petco in my tank and mixing in some larger river stones. I don't want to go through the trouble of changing the substrate, so are there any catfish I can put with the one I've got?

Thanks!
Jason

NetMax

Jun 28, 2017, 7:57:04 AM6/28/17
to The Freshwater Aquarium
What's your concern with the Corydoras?  Bronze corys get to a good size to dig down, and it's a small tank.  You'll still accumulate a lot of detritus, so gravel vacuuming is in your future with any catfish.

NetMax