Helllooooo

Kel's Blue Mustang

Mar 11, 2013, 11:51:29 PM3/11/13
to the-freshwa...@googlegroups.com
Hello fishy folks.

Just giving a wave hello, as the traffic around here is slow now a days.
I got a UV sterilizer and hubby fixed it up for me.
He wants me to get back into breeding. I think he really misses seeing angel fry growing in different stages around the house.
Since my back got messed up he really needs to help me now.
He used to have a no way attitude about more tanks in the kitchen, but that's changed. He now wants to get a cabinet (like for the kitchen with doors and drawers), a counter top, and set it up in the kitchen for me. It would be for my breeders, and fry tanks.
I'll have to drive up to the angel breeder's house that I got my black stock from. He's always wanted me to come there instead of the fish club shows. That way the fish aren't so beat up from being netted and shipped.
I'm also growing several bristle nose pleco babies up and plan on spawning them again as well.
I haven't even spawned the dwarf frogs, but may give that a go. *Hint for sexing the dwarf frogs....the males have a white dot in their arm pit, and females do not. You can't miss it, as it's pretty obvious when you see it.
I thought I'd be overrun with platy fry by now, but I witnessed one of the bumble bee platy females giving birth and then snacking at the same time. Nasty...and those were my future stock ma'am!
Give a wave and an update on what's been going on with everyone that's still here.
Have a Betta day!

denizen

Mar 15, 2013, 6:24:32 PM3/15/13
to the-freshwa...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kel's Blue Mustang,
I still have a big aquarium and a smaller one, both well planted. The aquariums just go on and on, with maintenance every 3 to 5 weeks.

Last year one of my 3 clown loaches died when I let maintenance slip, but the others are still going strong. Got them in May 1991.

Bristlenoses are neat. A breeder gave me 3 in exchange for some plants, and they have been reproducing in the big aquarium!

Daughter had one of those little frogs when she was young. She bought it from a kiosk at the mall, with a tiny plastic container that had "special" organically active gravel :) . We quickly went to the store and got her a (2gal??) plastic aquarium with lights, which was all she had room for in the shelf where she wanted it. The frog lasted perhaps a year or so... probably died from malnutrition.
d.

NetMax

Mar 16, 2013, 8:14:27 AM3/16/13
to The Freshwater Aquarium
Still too many tanks and not enough hours here.

NetMax