Chocolate Cheesecake

jwhyt...@comcast.net

Feb 6, 2008, 9:19:05 AM2/6/08
to The Food Diaries
Here is a recipe from one of our gatherings for a deliciously creamy
chocolate cheesecake!

CRUST: 1/2 C butter
1/2 C granulated sugar
1 1/2 C chocolate graham cracker crumbs
1 Tbls. cocoa powder
Blend butter with sugar, add graham crackers and cocoa powder. Press
into a 9" spring form pan. Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 8
minutes. Remove and cool.

FILLING:
4 oz. semi sweet chocolate
1 lb. cream cheese (softened)
2 C sour cream
1 C heavy cream
1 C granulated sugar
1 Tsp. vanilla
3 eggs
3 C whipped cream- WHIPPED
chocolate shavings

Melt chocolate in a double boiler,cool. Beat the cream cheese until
fluffy. Add the cooled chocolate, sour cream, and heavy cream. Blend
in the sugar,vanilla, and 1 egg at a time. Pour into crust. Bake in a
preheated oven at 375 degrees for 50-60 minutes. Remove and chill for
6 hours. Spread and decorate with whipped cream. Sprinkle w/ chocolate
shavings. Serve. I added a tsp. of coffee extract to the filling to
bring out the chocolate flavors- you can also make the whipped cream
into a chocolate whipped cream by adding cocoa powder- for your
ultimate choclate fantasy! YUM!

Kathy

Feb 6, 2008, 1:12:49 PM2/6/08
to The Food Diaries
gorgeous! And we will put that on the website as well with some nice
pix from our soup and stews night.

DONN...@yahoo.com

Feb 6, 2008, 4:43:42 PM2/6/08
to The Food Diaries
Imagine me not being a big chocolate fan saying the cake was awesome.
Now imagine being a chocolate fan.......
> > ultimate choclate fantasy! YUM!- Hide quoted text -

DONN...@yahoo.com

Feb 6, 2008, 4:45:18 PM2/6/08
to The Food Diaries
Kathy
Looking forward to our soup and stew night pictures.

I won't be a slacker, I will have my recipe written up soon.
Tinamarie already has hers done.

lesu

Feb 7, 2008, 1:35:06 PM2/7/08
to The Food Diaries
This kind of recipe is dangerous to have around...especially when
you've tasted the results. Thank you so much for getting it posted
for our decadence!