Spinach-Pear Salad with a Kicking Vinaigrette

lesu

Nov 12, 2007, 8:04:07 PM11/12/07
to The Food Diaries
4 bacons slices (more meat than fat)
1/4 c each cider & rice vinegar
2 T honey
2 t Dijon mustard
1/4 t salt, 1/8 t freshly ground pepper

1/2 c thinly sliced red onion
2 ripe pears (I use Bosc), thinly sliced.
10 oz fresh greens (I like the arugula-spinach mixes)

1. Cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon and crumble; reserve 1 tsp
dripping only in pan. Add vinegars, honey, mustard, salt & pepper to
pan, stirring until boiling. Remove from heat. So easy if you'll
stop eating the bacon.

2. Combine onion, pear, bacon and greens in a large bowl. Drizzle
vinaigrette and toss to coat. End.

**Maybe some dried cranberries.

&%$#@----Adapted from Cooking Light's Annual Recipes 2007

DONN...@yahoo.com

Nov 13, 2007, 9:07:46 AM11/13/07
to The Food Diaries
Lesu
Did you heat the vinaigrette?

lesu

Nov 13, 2007, 9:29:34 AM11/13/07
to The Food Diaries
This is a good recipe to make ahead of time. I did re-heat the
vinaigrette right before tossing and serving.