Date Night Strikes Again!

1 view

jwhyt...@comcast.net

Nov 13, 2007, 7:20:58 PM11/13/07
to The Food Diaries
I don't know about you guys but after pay day you can always find me
in a grocery store of some kind-picking around at this and that
looking for inspiration for my next dinner/date night! Friday nights
Date Night was a bit of a change from the usual fare....I really love
pasta...so I tend to lean towards pasta for my special dinners.
But...this past weekend I opted for a Mexican dish...not really my
favorite kind of food but this recipe struck me..I think it was the
seafood- (another one of my favorites). The recipe came from Emeril
lagassee.....it is on his site...emeril.com not the food network.It's
the seafood chimichangas. First you make a sauce of ancho chilis-
reconstituted in water,roasted tomatoes,roasted onions and roasted
garlic.Whisk together in a food processor adding some of the reserved
ancho chili water to create a smooth sauce. Add lime
juice,cumin,oregano,cilantro and pulse. season w/ S&P. Then Saute
olive oil,chopped onion,chopped shrimp,scallops until translucent-add
crabmeat, then add 1/2 cup of the homemade chili sauce and toss in pan
with goat cheese and chopped cilantro.Place 2cups of remaining sauce
in saucepan and add heavy cream-reduce slightly. Put aside. One at a
time...place tortilla on a work surface and spread seafood down the
center, fold top and bottom to form a package, then the sides, roll to
seal. may secure w/toothpicks if needed.. Heat several inches of oil
in a deep pot. using tongs fry each burrito on both sides until brown
and crispy. drain on paper towels. Garnish w/ creamy
sauce,tomatoes,sour cream,cilantro and green onions! Also- I made a
salad of chopped romaine,black beans,corn,seeded tomato,chopped,peeled
jicama,radishes,red bell pepper,feta cheese, Toss this w/ a dressing
of olive oil,lime juice,honey,chopped cilantro,chopped garlic, and a
little chopped jalapeno- TRUST ME....It's a top ten recipe! Jim went
bolistic! Now what do you think we had to put out the flames?!@ Of
course...an icy cold Corona- didn't need to change the beverage....it
went perfectly with the mexican fare!! If you need exact
measurements..check out emeril.com..seafood chimichangas. Bon Appetito
senoras and senoritas!