I would love to join all of you

Jerri Bourjolly

Jun 7, 2008, 8:00:13 AM6/7/08
to the-food...@googlegroups.com
Dear Forking Delicious Food Club Members,

I just read about your group in the June Issue of Ladies Home Journal.  It is early Saturday morning and I am going through my weekend ritual of reading recipes so I can find new ideas in cooking tips, recipes, anything to do with food, before I start my day.  For years, I have thought, how wonderful it would be to join a group with a number of women of diverse interests and cultural backgrounds who loved cooking and sharing ideas about food as much as I do.

 I work in the city and live in a suburb of Philadelphia, so I believe I would be close to the members of your group.  You may be already a closed group, but I thought if I don't ask, I would not know and miss the opportunity to connect with like minded women who share my number one passion.  For me, "food" it is not just a four letter word, but a term that encompasses history, health, art, science, love, passion, culture, and enduring creativity more than any other thing I know.  I feel like writing to your group is like applying for a job, so if there is an interest in meeting me or interviewing me, I would welcome the gift of this opportunity!

Sincerely,
Joretha (Jerri) Bourjolly

Kathy

Jun 7, 2008, 11:23:04 AM6/7/08
to The Food Diaries
Hi Jerri!

We have a few group events coming up soon. Maybe you'd be interested
in checking them out... I'm headed back to Italy in a couple days for
the rest of June, but we should be getting our dates and events
together in early July. We do have a few private cooking events with
and for friends of the group, but we're talking about a couple
fundraisers in the fall and our annual riverbank picnic in September.
Send me your contact info at forkingd...@gmail.com (private so we
don;t broadcast it) and I'll get you on the list!

Hope you are beating the heat! Whew, I've been in the garden this a.m.
and am already beat.

Best,

Kathy

jwhyt...@comcast.net

Jun 8, 2008, 6:31:13 PM6/8/08
to The Food Diaries
Hi Jerry!
I'm so glad you enjoyed the article in LHJ. Sounds like we have
alot in common! I feel the same way about food- there is so much more
to food then just a meal... I love reading about food in
general...recipes, history- they even have romance novels where the
story centers around food and they have recipes along with each
chapter!! I am an avid dinner party junkie....whenever I am inspired
by a recipe- which is quite often- I start on the invitations. We just
had a neighborhood "cook-off" at my house- what a great time!! I hope
to post about it on our website soon. As Kathy said, it would be great
if you could come to one of our events coming up- I'm sure we would
really enjoy meeting you! Look for our up coming events on our website
or as kathy said she could e-mail you. Hope to see you soon! Bon
Appetite! Renee