Renee's Bountiful Thanksgiving Feast!

mjk1025

Nov 12, 2007, 11:39:27 AM11/12/07
to The Food Diaries
Ladies,

Another great Forking Delicious event! Renee and Jim, as always, you
are such gracious hosts!

Here's a run-up on the evening's menu:

1. Donna's cheese buns, special cream cheese dip (what was your mom's
special ingredient again?) with crackers.
2. Renee's Fried Turkey (thanks to Big Jim! Dana's big pot and the
neighbor's frier!). Also, her sumptuous baked scalloped potatoes with
apples, blue cheese, asiago and parmesan cheeses!
3. Tinamarie's comforting, melt in your mouth sweet potatoes.
4. Lesu's pear and wild greens salad with her special bacon vinagrette
dressing. Plus, her sauteed swiss chard with toasted bread crumbs.
5. Dana's Ayurvedic squash soup - so healing!
6. Min's Tagliatere pasta with oyster mushrooms in sage and Valhrona
dark chocolate, served with freshly glazed cranberries and pecorino
romano.
7. Kathy's comforting pear and apple cobbler right out of the oven
served with french vanilla ice cream.
8. The whole evening was sprinkled by Jamie's wonderful smile and Big
Jim and Gabe's delightful company!
9. We were kept warm by the outdoor fireplace!

Cheers to you, Ladies!

Love,

Min

jwhyt...@comcast.net

Nov 12, 2007, 1:40:26 PM11/12/07
to The Food Diaries
Thanks for the compliments Min! Couldn't have done it without all of
you -that's for sure! Yes- what a fab meal-all of those delicious
dishes- I'm still picking from the fridge.And paired with Donna's
beverages w/champagne- who couldn't be happy? Thanks for writing up
the menu as well. I know Jamie and Jim enjoyed themselves too! Life is
good!

lesu

Nov 12, 2007, 7:56:37 PM11/12/07
to The Food Diaries
Last night was amazing, right down to Big Jim and the fire
extinguisher standing by! I won't even tell you how many cheese puffs
I consumed...it's best forgotten. We outdid ourselves extra good this
time and those recipes better start coming. Which dish will best blow
everyone's socks off at my Indianapolis Thanksgiving? All of us
gathered around that platter of juicy, deep fried turkey as Donna
carved reminded me of weekend crab boils in New Orleans----slightly
burned fingertips but finger-licking good!

With this being our bountiful feast, and holiday salute, I wish I'd
remembered to ask us all what we were thankful for. We've had such an
amazing year together and I think all of us have grown in such
incredible ways. Can you imagine what we're going to do to 2008????

> > Min- Hide quoted text -

DONN...@yahoo.com

Nov 13, 2007, 9:10:56 AM11/13/07
to The Food Diaries
Renee lets get the potato recipe please. I told one of my co-workers
and she wants to make it for Thanksgiving, as do I. I'm having a veal
roast and I think it would pair perfectly.

jwhyt...@comcast.net

Nov 13, 2007, 2:15:24 PM11/13/07
to The Food Diaries
OK- Here goes- although I am not a measurer..is that a word!? For the
9X13 dish- approx. 6 potatoes sliced thin, 6 apples- I used pink lady
but I'm sure any apple will do- layer in a casserole dish like you
would for scalloped potatoes...dot with butter..about 1/2
stick...Drizzle heavy cream over the potatoes...just DRIZZLE not
pour...then a bag of shredded asiago,parm cheese mix, crumbled blue
cheese- relayer and DONE! Bake @ 350 for about 40 minutes- You can use
cheddar cheese too, omit the blue cheese if you don't like it. I
thought this would be good with roast pork- but then again this would
be good with anything! Even as a Vegetarian dish with a salad- lots of
good flavors! Enjoy!