packaging in or out of 3.3?

Marcus Smith

Aug 8, 2012, 10:46:43 AM8/8/12
to the-fellowship-...@googlegroups.com
Hello:
I downloaded py3.3 beta last need and didn't see packaging, and it doesn't show on the what's new page.
Will it be in 3.3?  If not, what's the story?
thanks
Marcus

Senthil Kumaran

Aug 8, 2012, 11:19:47 AM8/8/12
to the-fellowship-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marcus,

Yes, packaging was removed from 3.3.
Details here - http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2012-June/120430.html

--
Senthil

Alex Grönholm

Aug 8, 2012, 11:08:29 AM8/8/12
to the-fellowship-...@googlegroups.com

W. Trevor King

Oct 20, 2012, 12:23:04 PM10/20/12
On Wednesday, August 8, 2012 11:19:47 AM UTC-4, Senthil Kumaran wrote:
Yes, packaging was removed from 3.3.
Details here - http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2012-June/120430.html

This message claims that the packaging module would be merged back into the CPython repository after the 3.3 release, but that doesn't seem to have happened.  Also, there doesn't seem to have been any work in http://hg.python.org/distutils2 since May.  This leaves me confused about where the current distutils2 development is happening (or is the project dead?).

Vinay Sajip

Nov 26, 2012, 5:31:10 PM11/26/12