He Is Risen!

Pastor Dan Howard

Apr 4, 2021, 8:02:21 AM4/4/21
to The Family Table Devotions

Alleluia! He is risen!

Hallelujah! He is risen!

Halleluiah! He is risen!

All righty, which one of those is the correct and proper usage? We here at The Family Table take great delight in what we believe, teach, and confess; we try to pass on, prayerfully and cogently the knowledge and wisdom we have gleaned over the years.  So, what is the proper way to convey "praise ye the LORD"?

That is an interesting question! However, that is not what this day is about! Everything we do here at The Family Table is aimed at proclaiming the Resurrection of Jesus, much like St Paul in 1 Corinthians 15, because Jesus lives, we too, will live! That is our faith, and it is not in vain! The love that Christ gave on Good Friday is producing fruit, in order, first the resurrection of Christ, and then his people. How do we respond to that love and the effects of that love? How will you "praise ye the LORD"? Today? Tomorrow? The next day? Or the next?; until He returns and hands over the kingdom to God the Father.

Therefore, throughout the Easter season Steve will only use (the proper) "Hallelujah! He is risen!" While Pastor Dan will rotate through all three while holding back an '80's culture reference.

He is risen indeed!

Alleluia

Hallelujah

Halleluiah

(insert favorite culture reference here, under your breath!)

Amen

The Family Table