Memory

The Family Table Devotions

May 27, 2024, 9:47:41 AMMay 27
to The Family Table Devotions

This week, I had a Facebook Memory pop up from May 2021. I posted a link to my first screed on the newly revamped Hope website. Formerly, The Family Table Devotions was an email only subscription blast; I have been writing for the Family Table since the summer of 2019. I would like to thank all of you for being here in which ever channel you find this! That's the purpose of Memories, to recall, re-collect, and reflect on the past. Looking at the past in a snapshot gives light to today and a glimpse into the future.

Over time my writing has evolved, my thoughts have evolved, culture has changed. The one constant (from Hebrews 13:8) "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." That is always where I try to be tethered. I will keep on until I get it write. In fact, I have much of the same sentiment as St Paul had when he wrote to the Church at Corinth:

As for me, brothers, when I came to you, I did not come with superior speech or wisdom in order to proclaim to you the testimony of God. For I had no intention of knowing anything among you except Jesus Christ, and him crucified. I came to you in weakness, in fear, and with much trembling.

From <https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20Corinthians%202&version=EHV>

God willing, I will keep righting as I point to Jesus; maybe making some memories, maybe being totally forgettable. Write, right?

Trust the Promises,

Steve Skiver

Find more on the Hope website