On Memory

The Family Table Devotions

Jun 3, 2024, 8:07:07 AMJun 3
to The Family Table Devotions

download.jpg

Every now and then I like to give you a glimpse at the inner workings of the thought processes that create my part of the Family Table Devotions. I ponder, sometimes, the implications of revealing the Rube Goldberg machine that is my brain.

The last two of my screeds (Dry and Memory) are very much linked. The opening line of "Dry" introduces the idea of recurring words or themes. "Memory" was designed to play on and utilize the recurring word device. "Memory" was published on Memorial Day. Our culture is saturated with all sorts of references to trigger "memory" responses for Memorial Day; mine was intended to be another.

Ponder on the persistent themes that have a particular relevance in your Christian faith life. Do you have a straightforward path? Or does it seem to be more like building a contraption much like the game Mouse Trap? This is what St Paul says about building the Mouse Trap game of faith:

In keeping with the grace of God given to me, as a wise master builder, I laid a foundation, and someone else is building on it. But let each person be careful how he builds on it. In fact, no one can lay any other foundation than the one that has been laid, which is Jesus Christ.

From <https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20Corinthians%203&version=EHV>

Let's turn the crank and see what happens!

Trust the Promises,

Steve Skiver

Find more on the Hope website