TreeSheets, neat tool for note taking and more

zielgruppe

Oct 20, 2010, 4:49:17 PM10/20/10
to The Efficient Academic
Hi all,

I've recently found TreeSheets when I was looking for some good note
organizer program. I am more the spatial type of guy, I love mindmaps
(and used Freemind for that), but they can be cumbersome if your
documents start to grow. TreeSheets is basically a mixture of mindmaps
and traditional editors, it takes a while to get used to it, but you
won't regret it ;) For me most important: it is fast and it doesn't
get in your way (you can do everything with your keyboard).

From the website:
Suitable for any kind of data organization, such as Todo lists,
calendars, project management, brainstorming, organizing ideas,
planning, requirements gathering, presentation of information, etc.

It's like a spreadsheet, immediately familiar, but much more suitable
for complex data because it's hierarchical.
It's like a mind mapper, but more organized and compact.
It's like an outliner, but in more than one dimension.
It's like a text editor, but with structure.

Free, available for Linux/Windows (and there's a alpha Mac-Version):
http://treesheets.com/
Check the tutorial to get an impression: http://treesheets.com/docs/tutorial.html

best,
Patrick

harry byrne wykman

Oct 21, 2010, 3:33:15 AM10/21/10
to the-efficie...@googlegroups.com

Thanks, I'm finding this really useful.

Harry

--
Peacetree Permaculture and Edible Landscapes
web: www.peacetreepermaculture.com.au

jh...@vt.edu

Oct 22, 2010, 12:59:54 AM10/22/10
to The Efficient Academic
well if you are on a mac.... there is the king of note-taking and
visualization...

tinderbox it changes lives...

Derek Chirnside

Oct 22, 2010, 5:18:11 AM10/22/10
to the-efficie...@googlegroups.com
We have heard of rumours of a Tinderbox windows version for years.

I quote: "What about Windows?

We're hard at work, designing Tinderbox for Windows. It's a big project; we'll be as fast as we can!"

Mark Bernstein is a cool guy.

-Derek

From Derek Chirnside.

Laurence Vittes

Oct 22, 2010, 12:20:48 PM10/22/10
to the-efficie...@googlegroups.com
I've been wanting to use Tinderbox for years but the learning curve is just too steep -

LV

tinderbox it changes lives...