Cousin Match through GEDMatch - Fred Krause

Laura Twilliger

Oct 2, 2014, 9:11:46 AM10/2/14
to Davis Family of New York and Michigan

As it turns out …

Fred is related to us!

He is descended from Jeremiah’s son Frederick.

Laura

From: Laura Twilliger <laura.t...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, October 01, 2014 10:56 am
To: <fr...@atrcomputers.com>

Fred,

I believe we are a cousin match through GEDMatch.

Are you a descendant of Jeremiah Davis and Charity Drew?

First some background.

About 5 years ago, I started researching my Davis roots through Ancestry.com. There is a group of about 15 of us who are part of a Google email group and we share genealogy information. Now, none of us have found a direct link to Jeremiah Davis and Charity Drew, but we are all somehow related to one of their 9 children.

My 2x great grandparents were John Davis and Mary Ann Walters.

Just recently I sent an email to the group asking if anyone had done AncestryDNA.   I had gotten my results back and had made some interesting finds. This was part of the  reply back from David Dankert,

“I did the 23andme and submitted my moms dna. We have over 1000 matches ….  Our closest match is Fred Krause whos gg grandfather was Ebenezor Davis Mirandis brother.”

This is where it gets interesting. I just recently downloaded my AncestryDNA results to GEDMatch, and you are near  the top of my list of “one to many“ results.

cid:image001.png@01CFDD5B.98EEE830

In doing a Google search of your email address, I see that you are part of ATR Computers in Davison, Michigan, which is close to Flint.

I then did a search of the member directory in Ancestry and found what I believe to be your tree.

From what I can figure out, you are not descended through Ebenezer, but through Frederick Larkin Davis.  Is that correct?

This is my tree on Ancestry:

Here are our respective lines of descent

Jeremiah Davis & Charity Drew

John Davis

Jeremiah Davis

Martha Davis

Frederick Larkin Davis

William Warner

Lora Evelyn Davis

Rosemary Warner

Dorothy Jane Bordeau

Laura Bryan

Charles Otto Krause Jr

Fred Krause

Are you the Fred Krause I believe you to be?

Regards,

Laura Bryan Twilliger

image001.png

davidd...@realestateone.net

Oct 2, 2014, 10:19:56 AM10/2/14
to the-davis-fa...@googlegroups.com

Fred is the closest match to my family through 23andme. I thought he was
decended from Ebenezor who would be my great grandfather Ishmaels brother.
A Jane Devota from New Lothrup Michigan only a few miles from my home
town Chesaning is decended from Ebenezor also. Her mother was a Dupraw.
David
> <http://Ancestry.com> Ancestry.com. There is a group of about 15 of us who
> are part of a Google email group and we share genealogy information. Now,
> none of us have found a direct link to Jeremiah Davis and Charity Drew,
> but we are all somehow related to one of their 9 children.
>

> My 2x great grandparents were John Davis and Mary Ann Walters.
>

> Just recently I sent an email to the group asking if anyone had done
> AncestryDNA. I had gotten my results back and had made some interesting
> finds. This was part of the reply back from David Dankert,
>

> “I did the 23andme and submitted my moms dna. We have over 1000 matches
> …. Our closest match is Fred Krause whos gg grandfather was Ebenezor
> Davis Mirandis brother.”
>

> This is where it gets interesting. I just recently downloaded my
> AncestryDNA results to GEDMatch, and you are near the top of my list of
> “one to many“ results.
>

> cid:image0...@01CFDD5B.98EEE830

davidd...@realestateone.net

Oct 2, 2014, 10:20:10 AM10/2/14