March 24, 2011

Will Schofield

Mar 25, 2011, 12:21:34 AM3/25/11
to the-dai...@googlegroups.com
New on 50 Watts: Zuev (bookplates from the collection of Richard Sica)

Recently remade and live on 50 Watts: The First Men in the Moon (illustrated by Hoffmeister)

My new post on But Does it Float: I have gone into the waste lonely places behind the eye.

Coming up with titles for each post at "Float" is quite a fun challenge. I use my entire library to do it and sometimes it takes five minutes, sometimes five hours. But five minutes into the first hour I've already abandoned myself to the books, and I could care less if I actually find a title -- I'm just browsing in my dream library, i.e., the personal library I've painstakingly amassed from ages 16 to 33.

I took a couple days off work for a wedding this weekend and made my sister drive me (I don't drive) to Princeton today for a big annual book sale. I estimate that I bought 100 lbs of books for $200. I overheard volunteers say that at the end of the 5-day sale they pack away the "collector's corner" items for next year and throw the rest of the books in the dumpster. Immediately after the 5-day sale the organization begins collecting donations for next year's sale.

Next stop: the incredible Black Swan bookstore in Richmond Virginia.

Will