It's a Rick Rock's Jeprady Wednesday on Blind Cafe

Julie Parker

Feb 18, 2014, 11:08:03 PM2/18/14
to daily menu

MENU OF EVENTS

Good Morning Members, It’s a Rick Rock’s Jeprady Wednesday on Blind Café!

*Thanks to all our hosts and hostesses who work very hard to entertain our members.

Talking of host and hostesses they ask if you would kindly arrive at their games 15 minutes early so they can put you on a team. Thank you.

“We hope you enjoy your day on Blind Café”

Date: February 19th, 2014.

****On the Menu every day is for our new members as it has instructions on how to subscribe to our chat list and Menu. Also it gives a description of what can be found in a room by hitting F6. All other members can skip this section and go down to our Senior Menu to find a quick guide to today’s events. Our next section The Classic Menu gives a description of how our games are played. Finally our Dessert Menu is at the bottom of the page and is filled with articles from our members.

*BLIND CAFÉ’S Menu Favorites on the Menu every day:

*Check out our recipe on today’s menu in the Bistro, if you have a recipe that you would like to submit, please send it to ju...@blindcafe.net

*Located at the bottom of the menu you will find our Members Corner. Here we post Tid bits about Medical updates, Financial News, Today in history, zilch replays, Jokes, and other interesting articles sent in by our members.

. If you would like to submit an article please send it to ju...@blindcafe.net

*To chat to your friends on Blind Café go to blindcafech...@yahoogroups.com

*Some of our games are played in conjunction with RS Games. You need to have this site downloaded in order to play. For your convienience you can go to the winners circle, press F6 and download not only RS Games, but Quinton’s Playroom and Jim Kitchen’s Golf.

*Faith Chapel. Press F6 and listen to Previously Recorded Sermons from Pastor Jonathan Brayfield and Pastor Volly Nelson.

*Mystery Theatre.  Press F6 and listen to one of our very own produced mini who dun nit plays, starring our very own Blind Café Members.

*The Pirate’s Cove. Press F6 and sail away to the Islands with Jimmy Buffet!

*Laughing Lepracaun. Press F6 and enjoy some luck of the Irish!

*Gadget’s Tech Room. Hit F6 and hear instructions on how to use I Phone Ap’s.

*I didn’t know that learning Centre. Hit F6 and listen to our learning tutorials.

*Café Premier Events Room. Sit back, hit F6 and get ready to listen to our full length, hilariously funny Christmas play that our Blind Café members acted in. “What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas”

* Blind Café’s 2013, Murder in the Café Manor Halloween Horror Production by Julie P and Patti Woodworth

**Our 2013 Café Expresso Christmas Play, starring Willie and Jeannie Wilson as Santa and Mrs. Claus. See how our members turned into rogue toys and elves. Laugh along as poor Sweet P gets hit with the white stuff that she hates so much and last but not least, see how Lorraine runs Grandma over with the reindeer. For some reason Confetti and crew seem to have a hard time with getting Willie off the ground. Written and Produced by Julie Parker and Patti Woodworth, it’s definitely a must to listen to.

*T.V Land. Kick back, put your feet up, relax on one of our comfortable couches,   hit f 6 and watch one of our old time classic T.V shows such as Alf

Andy Griffith

Brady Bunch

Dragnet

Gilligan’s island

Green acres

Highway to Heaven

Jefferson’s

Leave it to beaver

Mash

Mork and Mindy

Mr. Ed

The Munsters

The Walton’s

W.K.R.P in Cincinnati

  We have more shows coming soon.

*The Café Comedy Lounge. Hit F6 and get ready for some great comedians like Jeff Dunham, Roy D Mercer, Bill Cosby, James Gregory, Rodney Carrington songs, Ron White, Larry the Cable Guy, Jeanne Roberson, He Haw episodes and our very own John Harris and Willie in the Copper Clapper! Enjoy a great laugh whenever you want to get happy!

*Movies, Movies, Movies:

We have over 600 described movies for your enjoyment. Come in to Willie’s cinema and watch the movie of your choice 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Press F6 from the main room window, and choose the movie you would like to play. Happy movie watching, and don’t forget to bring the popcorn.

*Wednesday’s Senior Menu:

*7 am Join your host Scooby and crew for our morning breakfast club.

*11am Farkle with Scooby!

2:30pm Texas Hold Em with your host Terry in The Winners Circle.

4pm Join Alicia for Book Review in our Reading Library.

 *8pmJoin your host Rick forJeprady. Don’t forget to form you answer in the form of a question!

 9:15pm Join Alicia for Pot Luck night. What game does Alicia have up her sleeve tonight? Come on by and find out!

10:30pm Join Neva in the Winners Circle for Farkle. Neva’s Farkle Tournament has moved to Wednesday nights!

11:30 pm Join your host Alan in Café after Dark for Late nighttime chat.

**New Events Menu:

New Event:

Blind Café Bake Sale!

When: Saturday April 5th, 2014

Time: 2pm

Where: Café Premier Events Room.

Donations by:

Patti W.

1 batch of Cinnamon rolls baked Pitti Pat Style.

1 batch of sausage balls.

Kathy Rose.

1 batch of Wugar Cookies

1 batch of Peanut butter cookies

Alicia.

1 batch of oatmeal cookies

1 batch of chocolate chip cookies

Julie P.

1 batch of English Sausage Rolls

1 batch of Scotch Eggs

1 batch of Ricks famous balls

Karen.

1 batch of Raspberry and cream filled buns

Lorraine.

1 batch ofLorraine’s famous  Fudge your choice if you want Lorraine to add nuts.

1 batch of Lorraine’s famous Fudge.

Neva.

1 batch of chocolate chip cookies

Tiffany will be donating several arts and crafts items and don’t forget to buy some raffle tickets for Lorraine’s home made quilt. $5 for one and 5 for $20. Imagine a brand new Queen size or your choice of size for $20 you can’t beat that guys!

If you wish to donate something to our bake sale, please send an email to ju...@blindcafe.net with details.

New Event:

Our Bowling League will start Monday night at 9pm. If you wish to sign up, please contact Terry or Lorraine and let them know your team name. You will have to purchase the Ten Pin Bowling Alley Game at the address below.

If you click on the link for windows it will take you to a page for audio games.

www.dracoent.com

There is a $150 Gift Card to be split between the winners. For more details see Terry or Lorraine.

Team Names:

Dragon Strike Force-Terry and Cheryl

Cool Breezers-Julie and Geoff

Matt and Shawn Country All Stars

Choke a holics-Terra and Kathy

Witches and Stitches-Lorraine and Tiffany

California Crew-Gerald and Kim

Tornado Twosome-Patti and Soo kia

Lucky Strike On Fire!-Kevin and Cynna

Alicia and Connie

Paul and Latice

****For our Classic Menu including times and explanation of games, please read below. All times are Eastern Standard:

7 am The Donut and Coffee Shop opens:

 Join our breakfast club and find out about world events and what the weather is like in each others neck of the woods. If you are an early riser you will find one of us lingering around our freshly brewed coffee. If you like to dunk your donut, you had better grab one quick before Willie eats them all! This morning meet your host Scooby for some chat and morning laughs.

11am Farkle in the Winners Circle Sponsored by Chris and Cheryl Spencer:

 Join your host Scooby in the Winner’s Circle for a Game of Farkle.You must have RS Games downloaded to play!

11:30 am the Bistro Opens Sponsored by Chris Spencer:

 Share your lunch hour with us. Come by and chat while we serve you a freshly made croissant sandwich, French pastry or delicious dessert. Fresh on the Menu today. Sent in by Peaches.

Microwave Fudge
4 cups sugar
1 can evaporated milk
2 sticks margarine
1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow cream
1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
1/2 cup nuts, optional
Stir sugar and milk together in 6 quart bowl. Add margarine. Place in microwave for 24 minutes on high. Stir well after 4 or 5 minutes. When margarine is melted, return to microwave and continue cooking, stirring every 5 to 6 minutes. When cooking is completed, add chocolate chips; stir well. Then add marshmallow cream. Pour into pan sprayed with Pam. Let cool and cut into pieces.
Note:
Peanut butter, butterscotch or white chocolate chips may be used instead of chocolate chips to make different kinds of fudge.
_____
The 4 Ingredient Cookbook:
Vegetables
Twice Baked Potatoes
4 baked potatoes
4 tablespoons margarine
1/2 cup milk
1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
Bake potatoes. Cut cooked potatoes in half. Scoop out meat of the potato and whip with margarine and milk. Mound back into the potato halves. Sprinkle with grated cheese. Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
Makes 4 to 8 servings.
_____
Family Breakfast Brighteners
Canadian Style Bacon With Pineapple
2 pound piece Canadian style bacon (casing removed)
1 can (20 1/2 ounces) crushed pineapple
1/4 cup honey
1 teaspoon ginger
1/4 cup water
Place meat, fat side up, in ungreased baking dish, 8 by 8 by 2 inches. Mix pineapple (with syrup), honey, ginger and water; pour over meat. Insert meat thermometer so tip is in center of meat. Roast uncovered in 325-degree oven, basting meat occasionally with pineapple mixture, 1 to 1 1/4 hours, or until thermometer registers 160 degrees. Remove meat to warm platter; spoon pineapple mixture over meat.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.

2:30pm Texas Hold Em in the Winners Circle. Sponsored by Chris and Cheryl Spencer:

Join your host Terry for his Tournament game. If you have a poker face you will be great at this game. Terry will open up the room at 2pm to answer any questions and to give instructions on how to play! You will need Quinton’s Playroom downloaded in order to participate.

4 pm Book Review in Our Reading Room Sponsored by Linda Knight:

Join your host Alicia for book review. Alicia will have   a round table discussion about  old classics, new releases, recommendations,   Authors and their writing Techniques.    Come on in for an hour of literature and intellect.

4 pm Senior moments sponsored by our vets.  Join Willie, Alan, Julie or Patti for happy hour. Of course that’s if you can remember where the room is! If you have to hold the key down for an extra second because you can’t remember what you were going to say, don’t worry, you’re in the right room. I think! Join our special host of the day Alan for afternoon tea and chat.

8pm Jepradyin Games R Us sponsored by JB Heart:

Come and watch as Rick Rocks, in this awesomely funny game of Jeopardy. All 4 categories will be played, along with both daily doubles and final Jeopardy. What will this hilarious crazy host come up with next? Come in and see if Rick can find his daily ding a ling a ling!

9:15pm Potluck game in Games R Us:

Join Alicia for tonight’s pot luck game. What game will Alicia have up her sleeve for you tonight?

10:30pm Farkle  in the Winners Circle. Sponsored by Chris and Cheryl Spencer:

Join Neva for her Farkle Tournament Game.

11 pm Café after Dark opens Sponsored by Terra Lee:

  . Anyone for a late night chat? Let’s see who can stay awake the longest. If we survive until 7am we can always go down to the Donut and coffee shop and join the breakfast club where they meet every day.

*****What’s for Dessert in our Members Corner?

**Tiffany’s Interesting Food Facts for the Day:

February 19
 National Chocolate Mint Day

***Thought of the day:

Thanks Sharon for the thought of the day.

> I like to look at the chart of the chemical elements periodically.

*** Today’s Joke of the day:

> Some buffalo were grazing on the range when a tourist said, "Those are the mangiest, scroungiest beasts I have ever seen."
>
> One buffalo turned to the other and said, "You know...I think I just heard a discouraging word."

Of course! Boom! Hahahahahaha

Don’t forget Friday night with Sham the man in our Café Comedy lounge. Shammy says see you at midnight for a barrel of laughs****Here’s a monster sent in by Alan:

The Pharmaceutical  Industrial Complex, what a monster!
Perspective

* Three million Americans are infected with Hepatitis C (as are millions
more overseas), but a very recent drug, Sovaldi, completely cures it with 84
daily doses.  However, its manufacturer, Gilead Sciences, has somehow
determined that a fair U.S. price for the drug should be $1,000 per pill
($84,000 for the total treatment).
Shouldn't Gilead reduce the price once it has recouped its expensive
investment, asked an NPR reporter in December?  "That's very unlikely we
would do that," said Gilead's Gregg Alton, "but I appreciate the thought."
(According to NPR, Gilead "developed" Sovaldi merely by buying Sovaldi's
actual developer for $11 billion.  At $84,000 income per patient, Gilead
would "recoup" that investment from the first 150,000 customers, leaving
2.85 million more U.S. patients to pay $84,000 each, for income of $209
billion.)
[NPR, 12-30-2013]

*****Texas verus Florida over guns:

Lead Story

* The semi-obscure Florida Statute 790.15 took center stage in January
following a Miami Herald report of a resident of the town of Big Pine Key
who routinely target-shoots his handgun in his yard, with impunity, to the
consternation of neighbors.
The statute permits open-firing on private property (except shooting over a
public right of way or an occupied dwelling), and several cities have tried,
unsuccessfully, to restrict that right, citing "public safety" in
residential neighborhoods.  (A 2011 lobbying campaign by the National Rifle
Association, and a state supreme court decision, nixed any change in the
law.)  "Negligent" shooting is illegal but only a misdemeanor.  Thus, even
skillful shooting next door to a daycare center or in a small yard that
abuts a high-trafficked pedestrian street is likely perfectly legal.  One
Florida legislator who was originally from Alaska noted that even in
Anchorage people cannot fire at will in their yards.  [Miami Herald,
1-26-2014]

*****Today in history by Alan Dicey:

TODAY IN HISTORY, Today is Tuesday, February 18, the 49th day of 2014.
There are 316 days left in the year.
Today's Highlight in History:
On February 18, 1564, artist Michelangelo Buonarroti died in Rome, just
weeks before his 89th birthday.
On this date in 1776: Lord Dunmore dispatches note of "inexpressible
mortification"
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/lord-dunmore-dispatches-note-of-inexpressible-mortification
On this date in 1817: Confederate General Lewis Armistead born
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/lewis-armistead-born
On this date: In 1861, Jefferson Davis was sworn in as provisional president
of the Confederate States of America in Montgomery, Alabama.
On this date in 1878: Murder ignites Lincoln County War
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/murder-ignites-lincoln-county-war
On this date in 1885, Mark Twain's "Adventures of Huckleberry Finn" was
published in the U.S.  For the first time.
On this date in 1913, Mexican President Francisco I.  Madero and Vice
President Jose Maria Pino Suarez were arrested during a military coup (both
were shot to death on February 22).
On this date in 1929: First Academy Awards announced
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/first-academy-awards-announced
On this date in 1930, photographic evidence of Pluto (now designated a
"dwarf planet") was discovered by Clyde W.  Tombaugh at Lowell Observatory
in Flagstaff, Arizona.
On this date in 1939, the Golden Gate International Exposition opened on
Treasure Island in San Francisco.
On this date   in 1943, Madame Chiang Kai-shek, the wife of the Chinese
leader, addressed members of the Senate and then the House, becoming the
first Chinese national to address both houses of the U.S.  Congress.
On this date   in 1953, "Bwana Devil," the movie that heralded the 3D fad of
the 1950's, had its New York opening.
On this date in 1959: Ray Charles records "What'd I Say" at Atlantic Records
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/ray-charles-records-quotwhat39d-i-sayquot-at-atlantic-records
On this date in 1960, the 8th Winter Olympic Games were formally opened in
Squaw Valley, California, by Vice President Richard M.  Nixon.
On this date in 1964: United States punishes nations for trading with Cuba
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/united-states-punishes-nations-for-trading-with-cuba
On this date in 1965: Avalanche kills 26 in British Columbia
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/avalanche-kills-26-in-british-columbia
Also, on this date, 1965: during the Vietnam War, United States warns of
forthcoming bombing operations
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/united-states-warns-of-forthcoming-bombing-operations
On this date in 1967: J. Robert Oppenheimer dies
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/j-robert-oppenheimer-dies
On this date in 1970, the "Chicago Seven" defendants were found not guilty
of conspiring to incite riots at the 1968 Democratic national convention;
five were convicted of violating the Anti-Riot Act of 1968 (those
convictions were later reversed).
On this date   in 1984, Italy and the Vatican signed an accord under which
Roman Catholicism ceased to be the state religion of Italy.
On this date in 1994, at the Winter Olympic Games in Norway, U.S.
Speedskater Dan Jansen finally won a gold medal, breaking the world record
in the 1,000 meters.
On this date in 2001, auto racing star Dale Earnhardt Sr.  died in a crash
at the Daytona 500; he was 49.
On this date in 2003: Arsonist sets fire in South Korean subway
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/arsonist-sets-fire-in-south-korean-subway
On this date in 2011: Green River serial killer pleads guilty to 49th murder
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/green-river-serial-killer-pleads-guilty-to-49th-murder
Ten years ago:
Howard Dean's quest for the presidency ended as the Democrat, winless in 17
contests, abandoned his bid.
In Iran, runaway train cars carrying fuel and industrial chemicals derailed,
setting off explosions that destroyed five villages and killed at least 200
people.
Five years ago:
President Barack Obama launched a $75 billion foreclosure rescue plan aimed
at saving homes.
Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton began a two-day visit to
Indonesia.
Eric Holder, the nation's first black attorney general, said in a speech to
Justice Department employees marking Black History Month that the United
States was "a nation of cowards" on matters of race.
Pope Benedict XVI received House Speaker Nancy Pelosi at the Vatican,
telling her that Catholic politicians had a duty to protect life "at all
stages of its development.
The remnants of New York's Shea Stadium were demolished.
One year ago:
The European Union imposed trade and economic sanctions on North Korea while
condemning "in the strongest terms" the nation's latest nuclear test.
Robbers stole a reported $50 million worth of diamonds from the hold of a
Swiss-bound plane at Brussels' international airport; more than 30 people
were later detained and some of the loot recovered.
President Hugo Chavez returned to Venezuela after more than two months of
treatment in Cuba following cancer surgery.
Today's Birthdays:
Actor George Kennedy is 89.
Former Senator John Warner, R-Virginia, is 87.
Author Toni Morrison is 83.
Movie director Milos (MEE'-lohsh) Forman is 82.
Singer Yoko Ono is 81.
Singer-songwriter Bobby Hart is 75.
Singer Irma Thomas is 73.
Singer Herman Santiago (Frankie Lymon and the Teenagers) is 73.
Singer Dennis DeYoung is 67.
Actress Sinead Cusack is 66.
Actress Cybill Shepherd is 64.
Singer Juice Newton is 62.
Singer Randy Crawford is 62.
Rock musician Robbie Bachman is 61.
Rock musician Larry Rust (Iron Butterfly) is 61.
Actor John Travolta is 60.
Game show host Vanna White is 57.
Actress Jayne Atkinson is 55.
Actress Greta Scacchi (SKAH'-kee) is 54.
Actor Matt Dillon is 50.
Rapper Dr.  Dre is 49.
Actress Molly Ringwald is 46.
Actress Sarah Brown is 39.
Actor Ike Barinholtz (TV: "The Mindy Project") is 37.
Actor Kristoffer Polaha is 37.
Singer-musician Sean Watkins (Nickel Creek) is 37.
Actor Tyrone Burton is 35.
Rock-singer musician Regina Spektor is 34.
Opera singer Isabel Leonard is 32.
Roots rock musician Zac Cockrell (Alabama Shakes) is 26.
Actor Shane Lyons is 26.
Actress Maiara Walsh is 26.
Thought for Today:
"The lack of a sense of history is the damnation of the modern world."
Robert Penn Warren, American author, poet and critic (1905-1989).
- - -

“We hope you enjoyed your day on Blind Café. Where the members matter most”

JB Heart
Author of Children's Books and Novels
www.jbheart.net