It's a Wheel of Fortune Thursday on Blind Cafe

Julie Parker

Feb 6, 2014, 8:17:11 AM2/6/14
to daily menu

MENU OF EVENTS

Good Morning members, It’s a Wheel Of Fortune Thursday on Blind Café!

*Thanks to all our hosts and hostesses who work very hard to entertain our members.

“We hope you enjoy your day, on Blind Café,”

Date: February 6th, 2014:

****On the Menu every day is for our new members as it has instructions on how to subscribe to our chat list and Menu. Also it gives a description of what can be found in a room by hitting F6. All other members can skip this section and go down to our Senior Menu to find a quick guide to today’s events. Our next section The Classic Menu gives a description of how our games are played. Finally our Dessert Menu is at the bottom of the page and is filled with articles from our members.

*BLIND CAFÉ’S Menu Favorites on the Menu every day:

*Check out our recipe on today’s menu in the Bistro, if you have a recipe that you would like to submit, please send it to ju...@blindcafe.net

*Located at the bottom of the menu you will find our Members Corner. Here we post Tid bits about Medical updates, Financial News, Today in history, zilch replays, Jokes, and other interesting articles sent in by our members.

. If you would like to submit an article please send it to ju...@blindcafe.net

*To chat to your friends on Blind Café go to blindcafech...@yahoogroups.com

*Blind Café recommends Cavi courses. If   you are interested in any Cavi courses you can visit:
www.cavitraining.com
or if you have any questions for Monica you can e-mail her at:
mon...@ciscovision.orgc

*Mystery Theatre.  Press F6 and listen to one of our very own produced mini who dun nit plays, starring our very own Blind Café Members.

* Press F6 in our Faith Chapel and listen to one of Pastor Jonathon or Pastor Volly Nelson’s Sermons.

*Press F6 in The Pirate’s Cove and sail away to the Islands with Jimmy Buffet.

*Press F6 in Laughing Leprechaun and enjoy some luck of the Irish. Coming soon our members Saint Patrick’s Day Limerick’s.

*Gadget’s Tech Room. Hit F6 and hear instructions on how to use I Phone Ap’s.

*I didn’t know that learning Centre. Hit F6 and listen to our learning tutorials.

*Café Premier Events Room. Sit back, hit F6 and get ready to listen to our full length, hilariously funny Christmas play that our Blind Café members starred in. “What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas”

* Blind Café’s 2013, Murder in the Café Manor Halloween Horror Production by Julie P and Patti Woodworth

**Our 2013 Café Expresso Christmas Play, starring Willie and Jeannie Wilson as Santa and Mrs. Claus. See how our members turned into rogue toys and elves. Laugh along as poor Sweet P gets hit with the white stuff that she hates so much and last but not least, see how Lorraine runs Grandma over with the reindeer. For some reason Confetti and crew seem to have a hard time with getting Willie off the ground. Written and Produced by Julie Parker and Patti Woodworth, it’s definitely a must to listen to.

*T.V Land. Kick back, put your feet up, relax on one of our comfortable couches,   hit f 6 and watch one of our old time classic T.V shows such as Alf

Andy Griffith

Brady Bunch

Dragnet

Gilligan’s island

Green acres

Highway to Heaven

Jefferson’s

Leave it to beaver

Mash

Mork and Mindy

Mr. Ed

The Munsters

The Walton’s

W.K.R.P in Cincinnati

  We have more shows coming soon.

*The Café Comedy Lounge. Hit F6 and get ready for some great comedians like Jeff Dunham, Roy D Mercer, Bill Cosby, Rodney Carrington Songs, James Gregory, and Ron White, Larry the Cable Guy, Jeanne Roberson, Hee Haw episodes and our very own John Harris and Willie in the Copper Clapper! Enjoy a great laugh whenever you want to get happy!

*Movies, Movies, Movies:

We have over 600 described movies for your enjoyment. Come in to Willie’s cinema and watch the movie of your choice 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Press F6 from the main room window, and choose the movie you would like to play. Happy movie watching, and don’t forget to bring the popcorn.

*Thursday’s Seniors Menu:

7 am Join Willie in the Donut and Coffee Shop for our Breakfast Club.

*2pm Zilch Join your host Shawn and his computer C 3 P O for a game of Zilch.

4 pm The Prayer get together with Andrew in our Faith Chapel.

7pm Tech Talk in Gadgets Tech Room. Join our Tech Team, Patti W, Jim O’ Neal, Lorraine and Geoff Eden.

* 8 pm Veteran’s join Sergeant Rock in our Veterans only room.

  *8pm Join your host Mikey and Julie for Wheel of Fortune.

*9pm Musical Bingo with your hosts Julie and Patti W.

*10:30 pm join your host Matt in the Winners Circle for an impromptu game of Uno.

*11:30 Join Shammy for our late night chat in Café after Dark.

**BLIND CAFÉ’S New Events Menu:

New Event:

February 15th. Along with our talent night, we will be showcasing our Fall Auction songs. If you were bid on please get with the person that bid on you so you can record their song.

***For our Classic Menu including times and explanation of games, please read below. All times are Eastern Standard:

7 am The Donut and Coffee Shop opens:

Join Willy and our breakfast club crew and find out about world events and what the weather is like in each others neck of the woods. If you are an early riser you will find one of us lingering around our freshly brewed coffee. If you like to dunk your donut, you had better grab one quick before Willie eats them all!

11:30 am the Bistro Opens Sponsored by Chris Spencer:

 Share your lunch hour with us. Come by and   chat while we serve you a freshly made sandwich, croissant or French pastry. Fresh on the Menu today. Sent in by Peaches

Apple Dumplings
5 apples
1 can biscuits
1 cup apple juice
1 cup sugar
1 stick butter
Peel apples; cut into quarters. Separate biscuits; cut in half and flatten. Wrap apple in biscuit. Place in Pyrex dish. Bring juice, sugar and butter to boil. Pour over dumplings. Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Excellent with ice cream on top.
_____
The 4 Ingredient Cookbook:
Vegetables
Okra Gumbo
2 slices bacon, chopped
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 (10 ounce) package frozen okra, sliced
1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, chopped
Sauté bacon, add onion and brown. Add frozen okra and stewed tomatoes. Cook over low heat until okra is tender. Season to taste.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.

Join your host Shawn and   his computer C 3 P O the Zilch out room. All you need to know about this game is don’t Zilch out!

4 pm the prayer get together in our Faith Chapel:

Join your host Andrew for The prayer get together. Bring prayer requests
before the throne of god. The following areas can be lifted up in
prayer ourselves, the world, our governments and much more. The
whole hour will go as the lord leads it and will take as much time as
it needs.  So come one and all and pray

4 pm Senior moments Sponsored by our Vets:

 Join Willie, Alan, Julie or Patti for happy hour. Of course that’s if you can remember where the room is! If you have to hold the key down for an extra second because you can’t remember what you were going to say, don’t worry, you’re in the right room. I think!

7 pm:  Tech Talk in Gadget’s Tech Room. Sponsored by Jim O’Neal:

Join Patti W, Lorraine, Jim   and Jeff. For tech talk. Bring along your I-Phone and computer questions.

8 pm Veteran’s only room. Sponsored by Sergeant Rock:

Veteran’s, please join Sergeant Rock, in our Veteran’s Only Room.

8pm Wheel of Fortune In Games R Us Sponsored by JB Heart:

Join your hosts Julie, Mikey and Patti W for this new and creative game based on the popular T.V show Wheel of Fortune. Come spin the wheel, pick a letter and see if you can solve the puzzle. We even have a bonus round with the letters R.S.T.L.N and the vowel is E.

9pm Musical Bingo in Games R Us Sponsored by JB Heart:

 Join your hosts Julie P and Patti for Musical Bingo.

Do you remember your hits of the 80s? Still bopping along to the sounds of the swinging 60s? Do you remember old and new movie themes? Can you identify cartoon characters or TV themes? Then this is the game for you.

Yes it's here the all-new Musical Bingo.

 The first team to call a bingo wins.

10:30 pm Uno in the Winners Circle Sponsored by Chris and Cheryl Spencer:

Join your host Matt, for an informal game of Uno.

11:30 pm Café after Dark opens Sponsored by Terra Lee:

  Come on in and Join Shammy! Anyone for a late night chat? Let’s see who can stay awake the longest. If we survive until 7am we can always go down to the Donut and coffee shop and join the breakfast club where they meet every day.

****What’s for Dessert in the Members Corner:

*Tiffany’s Interesting Food Fact of the Day:

February 6
 National Chopstix Day

**Thought of the day.

> I don't want to brag or make anyone jealous, but I can still fit in to the earrings I wore in high school.

 Thanks Sharon for the thought of the day.

*** Joke of the day:

> A 5-year-old boy was playing with his toy cars on the floor next to his bed. He suddenly noticed all the dust under his bed and screamed for his mother.
> His mother rushed to his room to find her son sitting on the floor with a very puzzled look on his face.
>
> Mother: "What's wrong?"
>
> Son: "Remember today in church when the preacher said we all came from dust and are going back to dust?"
>
> Mother: "Yes"
>
> Son: "Well, there's someone under my bed but I don't know if they're coming or going."

Of course!  Boom Boom! Hahahahahahahahaha
. By the way Don’t forget to visit Shammy tomorrow night in the Café Comedy Lounge at midnight for open mic night! We don’t want him getting lonely in that room all by himself because he can get into a lot of trouble you know

****A Tech Tip sent in by Shammy:

*******Convert PDF to Word, Right inside Your Drop box*

byrob.schifreen<http://www.techsupportalert.com/users/robschifreen>

Convertii (www.convertii.com<http://www.convertii.com>) is a free online
service that lets you convert a PDF file to an editable MS Word
document.  It's better than many such converters I've tried, in that the
results it produces are pretty good.  It's totally free to use, and you
can even do 3 conversions without having to register.  After that,
you'll need to register (it's still free) to carry on using the service.

To convert a file, just drag it into the correct place on the web site,
or upload from your hard disk.  Supply an email address, and the
converted file (or at least a download link to it) will be emailed to
you as soon as the conversion is done.

While all this sounds pretty good, Convertii has an extra trick up its
sleeve.  Link the service to your Dropbox account, and then you can
initiate a conversion simply by dropping the PDF file into the correct
place in your Dropbox.  Convertii will automatically pick it up, convert
it, and put the Word document back in Dropbox for you.  Neat!

****Tiffany’s Interesting February Food Facts:

hmmm. as the frog said, time's fun when you're having flies.

Canned Food Month
National Chocolate Lovers Month
National Cherry Month
National Grapefruit Month
National Snack Food Month
National Potato Lovers Month
Return Shopping Carts to the Supermarket Month
National Hot Breakfast Month
 February 1-7: African Heritage & Health Week
 3rd Weekend of February: National Margarita Weekend

*****Bizzare News sent in by Terry:

Thanks Terry, this one cracked me up!

Police responding to reports of screaming coming from a home in Maine didn't find a victim of domestic violence as they feared. Instead, they found an amorous pig.

State police say a woman called last week after hearing what she believed to be a fight coming from a neighbor's home in the town of China. The caller said she heard screaming and thought there was a domestic assault. Four state troopers responded and talked to the neighbor.

The neighbor explained that she raises pigs and the screaming was coming from an overjoyed male pig that had been placed in a pen with five sows in heat. I think many of us can sympathize.

Police say there was no assault and no disturbance "other than the screaming male pig."

******They did walk the walk sent in by Alan:

They did Walk The Walk
Chick-fil-A gives free food to motorists stranded in Southern snowstorm

By Todd Starnes Todd's American Dispatch
Published January 29, 2014
FoxNews.com
A snowstorm in the South is about as rare as a glass of unsweetened tea at a
church supper. Folks around Birmingham, Alabama weren't all that worried
though. The storm was only supposed to dust the city - not even enough
powder for a Southern snowman.

So when the first snowflakes began to fall, no one paid all that much
attention. But then, the flakes kept falling. Before too long folks in
places like Hoover and Inverness realized it was much more than a dusting.
By that point, it was too late for anyone to do anything.

Icy interstates and highways soon became clogged with cars and trucks.
Thousands of motorists soon found themselves stranded with nowhere to go -
including many stuck on Highway 280.

But a good number of those stranded motorists were able to find shelter in
the storm thanks to the kindness and generosity of Chick-fil-A restaurant
employees and the restaurant's owner, Mark Meadows.

Once the snow started accumulating, Meadows closed the restaurant and sent
his staff home. But a few hours later, many of them returned - unable to get
to their homes.

"Our store is about a mile and a half from the interstate and it took me two
hours to get there," manager Audrey Pitt told me. "It was a parking lot as
far as I could see."

So Audrey left her car on the side of the interstate and joined a flock of
bundled up drivers trudging through the snow.

"At one point there were more people walking than driving," she said.

Some of the drivers had been stuck in their cars for nearly seven hours
without any food or water. So the staff of the Chick-fil-A decided to lend a
helping hand.

"We cooked several hundred sandwiches and stood out on both sides of 280 and
handed out the sandwiches to anyone we could get to - as long as we had food
to give out."

The staffers braved the falling snow and ice, slipping and sliding, as they
offered hot juicy chicken breasts tucked between two buttered buns. And
Chick-fil-A refused to take a single penny for their sandwiches.

The meal was a gift - no strings attached.

For the frozen drivers, it was manna from heaven.

"They were very excited and extremely thankful," she said. "People were
thankful to get something to put in their stomachs."

Audrey said they were especially surprised that the sandwiches were free.
Why not make some extra money during the storm? It's not like anyone could
go to another restaurant. Chick-fil-A had a captive crowd of hungry
customers. So why did they give away their food?

"This company is based on taking care of people and loving people before you're
worried about money or profit," Audrey told me. "We were just trying to
follow the model that we've all worked under for so long and the model that
we've come to love. There was really nothing else we could have done but try
to help people any way we could."

Lauren Dango was one of those stranded motorists. She's known Meadows for
years and she was stunned when she saw him walking from car to car with
Chick-fil-A sandwiches.

"I looked up and I'm like, what is he doing," Dango told me. "He had a
catering order and it got canceled, so he pulled over and started giving
away food."

And if that wasn't enough, Meadows helped a driver maneuver along the icy
road by pushing a car up an incline.

Dango was so touched by Meadows' kindness, she sent a letter to Chick-fil-A's
corporate headquarters.
"Kudos to Mark Meadows for not only preaching the "second mile" concept, but
actually living by it," she wrote.

It's no secret that Chick-fil-A was founded by a Christian family. And it's
no secret that they run their business on biblical values. What happened in
Birmingham is an example of how those biblical values are played out.

"We just wanted to be able to help," Audrey said. "Yesterday was such a
hopeless situation. We wanted to do something to make people feel a little
bit better. We were here. We had food and there were people outside who
needed food. So it just made sense to do something for them."

But Chick-fil-A's generosity didn't stop there.

"We opened up our dining room to anyone who wanted to sleep on a bench or a
booth," Audrey told me.
And this morning, the weary staff members fired up their ovens and began
preparing chicken biscuits. The only thing that is closed - is Chick-fil-A's
cash register.

"We're not open for business," she said. 'We're just feeding people who are
hungry."

I'd say the Chick-fil-A team blessed a lot of people in Birmingham - but
that's not how Audrey sees it.
"It's a blessing to us to be able to help people," she said. "It really is."

"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat," Jesus said in the
Gospel of Matthew. "I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was
a stranger and you invited me in."

It was a Sunday school lesson illustrated on a snowy winter day along
Highway 280 in Alabama with a chicken sandwich and a side of waffle fries.
SOURCE:
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/01/29/chick-fil-gives-free-food-to-motorists-stranded-in-southern-snowstorm/

Thanks much.

Many Blessings,

Pat Ferguson
"I can Do all Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me." Phillippians 4:13.

********Today in history by Alan Dicey:

Powers
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/millard-fillmore-marries-abigail-powers
On this date in 1865: Battle of Dabney's Mill begins
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/battle-of-dabneys-mill-hatchers-run
On this date in 1881 Phoenix, Arizona, was incorporated.
On this date in 1883: Southern Pacific Railroad completes "Sunset Route"
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/southern-pacific-railroad-completes-sunset-route
On this date in 1917 Congress passed, over President Woodrow Wilson's veto,
a law severely curtailing the immigration of Asians.
Also, on this date in 1917: Mexican constitution proclaimed
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/mexican-constitution-proclaimed
On this date in 1918: U.S. steamship Tuscania is torpedoed and sinks
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/us-steamship-tuscania-is-torpedoed-and-sinks

class=WordSection2>
On this date in 1919: United Artists created
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/united-artists-created
On this date in 1934: Hank Aaron is born
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/hank-aaron-is-born
On this date in 1937 President Franklin D. Roosevelt proposed increasing the
number of Supreme Court justices. Critics charged that he was attempting to
"pack" the court.
On this date in 1941: during World War 2, Hitler to Mussolini: Fight harder!
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/hitler-to-mussolini-fight-harder
On this date in 1957: The American Invasion begins, as Bill Haley and the
Comets storm Britain
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/the-american-invasion-begins-as-bill-haley-and-the-comets-storm-britain
On this date in 1958 Gamel Abdel Nasser was nominated to become the first
president of the new United Arab Republic, a short-lived union of Syria and
Egypt.
On this date in 1975: during the Vietnam War, North Vietnamese begin
preparations for offensive
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/north-vietnamese-begin-preparations-for-offensive

On this date in 1988 The Arizona House of Representatives impeached Governor
Evan Mecham, who was later convicted in the state Senate and removed from
office.
On this date in 1988 Panamanian military leader General Manuel Noriega was
indicted on bribery and drug trafficking charges in Florida.
On this date in 1989: The last Soviet troops leave Kabul
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/the-last-soviet-troops-leave-kabul
On this date in 1994 White separatist Byron De La Beckwith was convicted in
Jackson, Mississippi, of murdering civil rights leader Medgar Evers in 1963.
He was sentenced to life in prison. White supremacist Byron De La Beckwith
is convicted in the murder of African-American civil rights leader Medgar
Evers, over 30 years after the crime occurred.
On this date in 1997 Investment bank Morgan Stanley announced a $10 billion
merger with Dean Witter.
On this date 2001 Four disciples of Osama bin Laden went on trial in New
York in the 1998 bombings of two U.S. embassies in Africa.
On this date in 2002 A federal grand jury indicted John Walker Lindh, the
so-called "American Taliban," alleging that he was trained by Osama bin
Laden's network and that he conspired with the Taliban to kill Americans.
On this date in 2012: Husband of missing Utah woman kills self and two young
sons
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/husband-of-missing-utah-woman-kills-self-and-two-young-sons
Today's Birthdays:
Baseball Hall of Famer Hank Aaron turns 80 years old today.
Roger Staubach Football Hall of Famer 72
Michael Mann Director 71
Al Kooper Rock musician, singer (Blood, Sweat and Tears) 70
Charlotte Rampling Actress 68
Christopher Guest Actor, screenwriter ("This is Spinal Tap") 66
Barbara Hershey Actress 66
Tom Wilkinson Actor 66
Jennifer Granholm Former governor of Michigan 55
Tim Meadows Actor, comedian ("Saturday Night Live") 53
Jennifer Jason Leigh Actress 52
Laura Linney Actress 50
Chris Parnell Actor-comedian ("Saturday Night Live") 47
Roberto Alomar Baseball Hall of Famer 46
Bobby Brown R&B singer 45
Sara Evans Country singer 43
Actor-singer Darren Criss ("Glee") turns 27 years old today.
Thought for Today:
"It is the minorities who have made the history of this world. It is the few
who have had the courage to take their places at the front; who have been
true enough to themselves to speak the truth that was in them; who have
dared oppose the established order of things; who have espoused the cause of
the suffering, struggling poor; who have upheld without regard to personal
consequences the cause of freedom and righteousness. It is they, the heroic,
self-sacrificing few who have made the history of the race and who have
paved the way from barbarism to civilization. The many prefer to remain upon
the popular side."
-          - Eugene Debs
- - -

“We hope you enjoyed your day on Blind Café. Where the members matter most”

JB Heart
Author of Children's Books and Novels
www.jbheart.net