It's a Scooby's Connect 3 Tuesday on Blind Cafe

Julie Parker

Feb 24, 2014, 10:29:06 PM2/24/14
to daily menu

Menu of Events

Good Morning Members, it’s a Scooby’s Connect 3 Tuesday on Blind Café!!

*Thanks to all our hosts and hostesses who work very hard to entertain our members.

**“We hope you enjoy your day on Blind Café”

Date: February 25th, 2014

****On the Menu every day is for our new members as it has instructions on how to subscribe to our chat list and Menu. Also it gives a description of what can be found in a room by hitting F6. All other members can skip this section and go down to our Senior Menu to find a quick guide to today’s events. Our next section The Classic Menu gives a description of how our games are played. Finally our Dessert Menu is at the bottom of the page and is filled with articles from our members.

*Some of our games are played on another site from one of our chat rooms as these game rooms are text only. For your convenience you can download RS Games, Quinton’s Playroom and Jim Kitchen’s Golf from our Winners Circle by pressing F6.

*BLIND CAFÉ’S Menu Favorites on the Menu every day:

*Check out our recipe on today’s menu in the Bistro, if you have a recipe that you would like to submit, please send it to ju...@blindcafe.net

*Located at the bottom of the menu you will find our Members Corner. Here we post Tid bits about Medical updates, Financial News, Today in history, zilch replays, Jokes, and other interesting articles sent in by our members.

. If you would like to submit an article please send it to ju...@blindcafe.net

*To chat to your friends on Blind Café go to blindcafech...@yahoogroups.com

*Blind Café recommends Cavi courses. If   you are interested in any Cavi courses you can visit:
www.cavitraining.com
or if you have any questions for Monica you can e mail her at:
mon...@ciscovision.org

*Mystery Theatre.  Press F6 and listen to one of our very own produced mini who dun nit plays, starring our very own Blind Café Members.

*Press F6 in our Faith Chapel and listen to one of Pastor Jonathon or Pastor Volly Nelson’s Sermons.

*Press F6 in The Pirate’s Cove and sail away to the Island with Jimmy Buffet.

*Press F6 in Laughing Leprechaun and enjoy the luck of the Irish.

*Gadget’s Tech Room. Hit F6 and hear instructions on how to use I Phone Ap’s.

*I didn’t know that learning Centre. Hit F6 and listen to our learning tutorials and self-defense presentations.

*Café Premier Events Room. Sit back, hit F6 and get ready to listen to our full length, hilariously funny Christmas play that our Blind Café members acted in. “What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas”

* Blind Café’s 2013, Murder in the Café Manor Halloween Horror Production by Julie P and Patti Woodworth

**Our 2013 Café Expresso Christmas Play, starring Willie and Jeannie Wilson as Santa and Mrs. Claus. See how our members turned into rogue toys and elves. Laugh along as poor Sweet P gets hit with the white stuff that she hates so much and last but not least, see how Lorraine runs Grandma over with the reindeer. For some reason Confetti and crew seem to have a hard time with getting Willie off the ground. Written and Produced by Julie Parker and Patti Woodworth, it’s definitely a must to listen to.

*T.V Land. Kick back, put your feet up, relax on one of our comfortable couches,   hit f 6 and watch one of our old time classic T.V shows.  We have more shows coming soon.

*The Café Comedy Lounge. Hit F6 and get ready for some great comedians like Jeff Dunham, Roy D Mercer, Rodney Carrington Songs, James Gregory,   Ron White, Larry the Cable Guy, Bill Cosby, Jeanne Roberson, Hee Haw Episodes  and our very own John Harris and Willie in the Copper Clapper! Enjoy a great laugh whenever you want to get happy!

*Movies, Movies, Movies:

We have over 600 described movies for your enjoyment. Come in to Willie’s cinema and watch the movie of your choice 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Press F6 from the main room window, and choose the movie you would like to play. Happy movie watching, and don’t forget to bring the popcorn.

**BLIND CAFÉ Senior Menu:

7 am Join Julie and the breakfast club crew in the Donut and Coffee shop. It’s sure to be a crazy morning full of laughs, especially if Pitti Pat pops in for a visit!

*10am Join Andrew for a game of Pig in the winners circle.

11am Teams to bowl against Terra and Gerald in the Dragon’s Strike Zone.

2 pm join your host Patti W and her computer Sparky for a game of Zilch!

7pm I-Phone Info with Jim. See you in Gadget’s Tech Room with your I-Phone questions!

8pm Wits and Weights with Sergeant Rock and Julie P.

9pm Join Scooby for Connect 3

10:15pm I doubt it in the winners circle. Join Shawn for a great game. RS Games needs to be downloaded. You can do this in the winners circle along with Quinton’s playroom and Jim Kitchen’s Golf by pressing F6

***BLIND CAFÉ’S New Events Menu:

New Event:

This Saturday Night in our Premier Events Room, Alicia will be show casing a Special Event. Alicia’s Guest is Junior Lolley. Please all come out Saturday Night at 7pm and listen to Mr. Lolley’s Interview with Alicia. You will be amazed at the fact that not only is he a 911 Dispatcher, he is of course blind! Please read his bio below and come on out on Saturday and give him the Blind Café Welcome!

I am Junior Lolley I live in Bristol Fl.

I am totally blind and I attended Florida school for the Blind class of 1972.

I have been dispatching law enforcement, EMS and fire for 35 years.

I am married and no children.

I have been totally blind since the age of 12 years.

I am also a licensed ham radio operator.

Liberty County Emergency Coordinator

New Event:

Blind Café Bake Sale!

When: Saturday April 5th, 2014

Time: 2pm

Where: Café Premier Events Room.

Donations by:

Patti W.

1 batch of Cinnamon rolls baked Pitti Pat Style.

1 batch of apple crisp.

Kathy Rose.

1 batch of sugar Cookies

1 batch of Peanut butter cookies

Alicia.

1 batch of oatmeal cookies

1 batch of chocolate chip cookies

Julie P.

1 batch of English Sausage Rolls

1 batch of Scotch Eggs

1 batch of Ricks famous balls

Karen.

1 batch of Raspberry and cream filled buns

Lorraine.

1 batch of Lorraine’s famous Fudge your choice if you want Lorraine to add nuts.

1 batch of Lorraine’s famous Fudge.

Neva.

1 batch of chocolate chip cookies

Cheryl aka Mrs. TG Dragon

1 batch- approximately 40 plus buckeye's

 1 batch- approximately 40 Buckeye’s

 They are creamy peanut butter fudge type balls dipped in chocolate,   to resemble a buckeye. They are about as big as round as a half dollar or almost as big as a golf ball.

Tiffany will be donating several arts and crafts items and don’t forget to buy some raffle tickets for Lorraine’s homemade quilt. $5 for one and 5 for $20. Imagine a brand new Queen size or your choice of size for $20 you can’t beat that guys!

If you wish to donate something to our bake sale, please send an email to ju...@blindcafe.net with details.

Our Bowling League Scores will be moving to the bottom of the Menu in our Members Corner Section. Our League starts next Monday Night and so the League is now closed. Sorry guys! Maybe next time!

****BLIND CAFÉ’S Classic Menu includes times and explanations of games, please read below.  All times are Eastern Standard:

7 am The Donut and Coffee Shop opens:

 Join our breakfast club and find out about world events and what the weather is like in each others neck of the woods. If you are an early riser you will find one of us lingering around our freshly brewed coffee. If you like to dunk your donut, you had better grab one quick before Willie eats them all!

Join Julie P this morning for coffee and laughs.

10am Pig in The Winners Circle. Sponsored by Chris and Cheryl Spencer:

Join Andrew for a morning game of Pig.  Just keep rolling the dice until either your luck runs out or you bank your points. This game is like press your luck. If you like frustration, you will love playing this game.

11am Café Bowling in The Dragon’s Strike Zone:

Join Terra and Kathy along with Gerald and Latice for a morning’s game.

11:30 am the Bistro Opens Sponsored by Chris Spencer:

 Join us for lunchtime chat and sandwiches, croissants or try one of our French pastries for dessert.  Fresh on the Menu today. Sent in by Shawn.

Chris' Vegetable Casserole
2 cans Veg-All, drained
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped water chestnuts
1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 roll Ritz crackers, crushed
1 stick margarine, melted
Mix Veg-All, onion, water chestnuts, cheese and mayonnaise. Pour into casserole. Then top with the crackers, mixed with melted margarine. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
_____
The 4 Ingredient Cookbook:
Main Dishes
Indian Corn
1 pound lean hamburger
1 (16 ounce) can whole kernal corn, drained
1/2 onion, chopped
1 (12 ounce) jar taco sauce
Brown hamburger and onion; add corn and taco sauce. Simmer mixture for 5 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.

2pm Zilch in Our Zilch Out Room. Sponsored by Patti W:

Join Patti W and her computer Sparky for a game of Zilch. Just remember not to Zilch Out!

4 pm Senior moments Sponsored by our Vets:

 Join Willie, Alan, Julie or Patti, for happy hour. Of course that’s if you can remember where the room is! If you have to hold the key down for an extra second because you can’t remember what you were going to say, don’t worry, you’re in the right room.

 I think!

7pm I-Phone Info with Jim in Gadget’s Tech Room. Sponsored by Jim O’Neal:

Join your host Jim with all your I-Phone questions.

8pm Wits and Weights in Games R Us. Sponsored by JB Heart:

Join your hosts Sergeant Rock and Julie P for this game where the team that comes closest to the correct answer, without going over, wins double the points that were bid by the opposing team!  It’s a fun and challenging game. Come on in and let us put you on a team!

9pm Connect 3 In Games R Us:

Join your host Scooby for an interesting game of Connect 3. Do you know what Door, Window and eye glasses could have in common? If you said a frame then this is the game for you. Come on by and let Scooby put you on a team!

10:15 I doubt it in The Winners Circle. Sponsored by Chris and Cheryl Spencer:

Join Shawn for a crazy game of I doubt it. RS Games must be downloaded to play. You can do this in the winners circle.

11pm Café after Dark Opens. Sponsored by Terra Lee:

  . Anyone for a late night chat? Let’s see who can stay awake the longest. If we survive until 7am we can always go down to the Donut and coffee shop and join the breakfast club where they meet every day.

*****BLIND CAFÉ’S what’s for Dessert Members Corner Menu:

*Tiffany’s Interesting Food facts of the day:

February 25
 National Chocolate-Covered Peanuts Day
 National Clam Chowder Day

  **Thought of the day:

Thanks Sharon for today’s thought of the day.

The older we get, the faster we should go after! What ever   it is we want!

***Today’s Joke of the day:

Here are the last two of Mike’s Funnies that he sent me. A man goes to a shrink and says, "Doctor, my wife is unfaithful to me. Every evening, she goes to Larry's bar and picks up men. In fact,  she sleeps with anybody who asks her! I'm going crazy. What do you think I should do?"

"Relax," says the Doctor, "take a deep breath and calm down. Now, tell me, exactly where is Larry's bar?"
John was on his deathbed and gasped pitifully, "Give me one last request, dear," he said.

"Of course, John," his wife said softly.

"Six months after I die," John said, "I want you to marry Bob."

"But I thought you hated Bob," she said..

With his last breath John said, "I do!"

Of course! Boom Boom! Hahahahahahahah  ****Weird News but it’s true sent in by Alan:

Lead Story
* Find That Genius!  Beijing Genomics Institute scientists are closing in on
a technology to allow parents to choose, from several embryos, the one most
likely to yield their smartest offspring.
London's Daily Mail (in January, referencing recent work in Wired, The Wall
Street Journal, and The New Yorker) explained that BGI will have identified
high-potential mathematics genes (by mapping the cells of geniuses) so that
researchers can search for those among a couple's array of embryos.  (Most
embryos will yield gene arrays
resembling their parents', but one embryo is likely "better"--and
maybe much better.)  One Chinese researcher acknowledged the
"controversial" nature of the work, "especially in the West," but
added, "That's not the case in China."  The parental price tag on
finding the smartest kid?  Expensive, said a supporter, but less than
upgrading an average kid via Harvard, or even a private prep school.
[Daily Mail, 1-14-2014] [Wired, 7-16-2013]

Can't Possibly Be True
* "This [was] my life," said musician Boujemaa Razgui in December, referring
to the 13 handmade flutes that he played professionally, "and now they're
gone."  Arriving in New York City from Madrid with the 13 woodwinds in his
checked luggage, he was shocked to discover that U.S. Customs had destroyed
them without notice because "wood" is a restricted "agricultural" import.
(Unsophisticated agents had apparently regarded them as mere bamboo.)
Razgui plays all over the world including, since 2002, with the Boston
Camerata ensemble staged by the city's Museum of Fine Arts.  [Boston Globe,
1-1-2014]

* Saved By The Blimps:
Americans who have grown accustomed to hearing that the U.S. is militarily
without peer might have been shocked to learn in January (as CBS News
reported from a Pentagon interview) that America has "practically zero
capability" either to detect enemy cruise missiles fired at Washington,
D.C., from offshore, or even worse, to "defend against [them]."  The
Pentagon's interim makeshift solution to protect the U.S. capital, said an
official, is to launch two blimps, soon, to float two miles up over a base
in Maryland to try to spot any such missiles. [CBS News, 1-23-2014]

* In February, a California Highway Patrol officer handcuffed and threatened
to arrest a firefighter performing an emergency roadside rescue along
Interstate 805 in Chula Vista, California, because the rescuer would not
move his truck from the fast lane, where it was "impeding" traffic.
Firefighters are required to block lanes during rescues, specifically to
"impede" traffic for their own protection and that of victims nearby.  CHP
and the Chula Vista firefighters later jointly called the incident a
"miscommunication."  [San Diego Union-Tribune, 2-5-2014]

Unclear on the Concept

* Oregon inmate Sirgiorgio Clardy, 26, filed a handwritten $100
million lawsuit in January against Nike for inadequately marketing
its Air Jordans.  Clardy, a convicted pimp, had received an
"enhanced" penalty for using a "dangerous weapon" to maim the
face of a john, i.e., he had stomped and kicked a man after accusing
him of skipping out on a payment, and the "dangerous weapon" was
apparently his shoe.  Clardy said Nike bears at least some
responsibility for his incarceration because it failed to label the shoe
a "dangerous weapon." [The Oregonian, 1-10-2014]

* Ed Forchion sits in a jail in Burlington County, N.J. (where he
will reside for a few more months), serving a term for possession of
marijuana.  However, for 10 days each month until his release, the
same judge who sentenced him has promised to allow him to go
smoke medical marijuana in California to relieve pain from his bone
cancer.  (Forchion was convicted of possession before New Jersey
legalized medical marijuana.)  (Update:  Four days after a
Trentonian columnist's story about "Weedman" Forchion, and the
subsequent Internet frenzy it wrought, Forchion's judge commuted
the final 130 days of his sentence and freed him.)  [The Trentonian,
1-26-2014, 1-30-2014]

* In a December letter to the University of Minnesota president, a
coalition of black student organizations demanded an end to racial
profiling, especially in light of recent campus crime incidents.
"[C]ampus safety should be of the [University's] utmost
importance," they acknowledged, but among the organizations'
complaints was that when "be on the lookout" alerts were issued
(usually based on victims' descriptions of their attackers), innocent
black students feel "discomforting," "negative psychological
effects"--because the alerts so often describe black attackers.
[WCCO-TV (Minneapolis), 1-29-2014]

* Officials at the Emu Plains Correctional Center near Sydney,
Australia, announced in January that they had pre-empted a planned
escape by two female inmates, ages 32 and 21, after finding a
60-foot length of tied-together sheets in a cell.  Nonetheless, the
officials said they were puzzled, in that Emu Plains is a one-story
facility, enclosed, wrote the Daily Telegraph, by a "not particularly
high" fence.  [Daily Telegraph (Sydney), 1-3-2014]

Perspective

* Recent U.S. Supreme Court rulings have made clear that only in
the case of murder can a juvenile be given a life sentence "without
possibility of parole" (and never a death sentence).  Under-18's, the
Court said, must get a "meaningful opportunity" to mature and
redeem themselves behind bars.  The U.S. Constitution aside,
apparently some Florida judges disagree and have subsequently
sentenced juveniles to 50 years or longer for non-murders, in some
cases assuring that the release date will be beyond the inmate's
natural life expectancy.  In one case found by a Barry University law
school program, a juvenile convicted of gun robbery and rape had
his earlier life-without-parole sentence "reduced" to consecutive
sentences totaling 170 years.  Critics said the Supreme Court should
recognize that some juveniles are already "thoroughly incorrigible."
[New York Times, 1-19-2014]

People With Issues

* Christopher Pagano, 41, was finally arrested in January as police
identified him as the man who had apparently been roaming the
Mayfair neighborhood of Philadelphia for several weeks exposing
his genitals while lovingly fondling a hunk of Swiss cheese
("cheese-accessorized" genitals, wrote a Philadelphia Daily News
reporter).  The case was broken when a 2012 victim recalled a
"Swiss cheese pervert" in the Philadelphia area and searched for
him on Internet pages, locating a man who rhapsodized as much
about cheese as about having sex.  "I started to compare girls to
cheese due to their milky [complexions]," the man (Pagano) wrote.
"[G]irls are soft, smooth-feeling, and tend to like dairy products
more."  [Philly.com, 1-20-2014; Philadelphia Daily News, 1-31-
2014]

Least Competent Criminals

* Perps Who Need to Be in a Different Line of Work:  "Victim"
Joseph Torrez, 27, was at home in Las Cruces, N.M., on New
Year's Day with his fiancee and young son when four men barged
in (after threatening Torrez on the telephone with "I'm big
Eastside," "I'll kill you and your family," "I will go to your house").
Torrez is a mixed-martial arts fighter, and by the time it was over,
he and his family were safe, but one home invader was dead,
another was in the hospital, and the other two (including the
telephoner) under arrest.  [Las Cruces Sun-News, 1-6-2014]

Readers' Choice

* (1) Ryan Benson, 40, and Erica Manley, 37, were arrested in
Seaside, Ore., in January, shortly after they expressed their gratitude
to a waitress at the Twisted Fish by leaving, as a tip, a plastic bag of
methamphetamine.  (Police said Manley had still more in her purse
when they searched her.)  (2) A week apart in January, Pope
Francis's pair of "peace doves" released in Vatican City were
almost immediately attacked by a seagull and a crow, and a 31-year-
old nun in Rieti, Italy, "unaware" that she was pregnant, gave birth
to a boy whom she named "Francis."  No details were released.
[The Oregonian, 1-8-2014] [BBC News, 1-26-2014] [BBC News, 1-
17-2014]

--

*****Indianna man arrested for stealing hot dog sent in by Alan:

Indiana man faces felony theft charge for allegedly stealing hot dog.
BLOOMFIELD, Indiana, February  21 (UPI) --.  Good thing he didn't take any
ketchup, mustard or relish
An Indiana man has been arrested and is facing a felony theft charge after
he allegedly stole a $1.49 hot dog from a Bloomfield convenience store on
Monday, February  10.
Three police officers looked through surveillance tapes from the store after
the manager called the Greene County Sheriff's Department to report the
theft.
After examining the footage, the officers identified 21-year-old Rickey Joe
Moore.  According to reports, Moore filled a 'cup' with a fountain drink
then reached into the rotisserie and pulled out a hot dog, then placed the
hot dog into his pocket.
For some reason Moore paid for the drink, which cost $1.10.
The video also reportedly showed the license plate of the vehicle that Moore
was driving when he parked at the store.  Moore was arrested and booked into
the Greene County Jail on Thursday morning.  His bond was set at $4,000
surety, but if he posts $400 cash, he can go home.
The warrant for Moore's arrest was issued on February  14.
- - -
Come on,  it's only a hot dog, geez, don't make a big deal out of it, LOL.
Well, I Think they've already done that they must not have much crime in
Bloomfield, Indiana

*****Today in history by Alan Dicey:

TODAY IN HISTORY, Today is Monday, February 24, the 55th day of 2014.  There
are 310 days left in the year.
Today's Highlights in History:
On February 24, 1864, according to the National Park Service, the first
Union prisoners arrived at the Confederates' Andersonville prison camp in
Georgia.  During its 14 months of existence, the overcrowded camp ended up
holding some 45,000 men, more than four times its intended capacity; nearly
13,000 prisoners perished from disease, starvation or exposure.
On this date: In 1582, Pope Gregory XIII issued an edict outlining his
calendar reforms.  (The Gregorian calendar is the calendar in general use
today.)
On this date in 1786: Wilhelm Grimm is born
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/wilhelm-grimm-is-born
On this date in 1803, in its Marbury very.  Madison decision, the Supreme
Court established judicial review of the constitutionality of statutes.
On this date in 1821, Mexican rebels proclaimed the Plan de Iguala, their
declaration of independence from Spain.
On this date in 1836: Alamo defenders call for help  On this day in 1836, in
San Antonio, Texas, Colonel William Travis issues a call for help on behalf
of the Texan troops defending the Alamo, an old Spanish mission and fortress
under attack by the Mexican army.
On this date in 1840: Adams begins arguments in the Amistad case
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/adams-begins-arguments-in-the-amistad-case
On this date in 1864: Yankees attack Rebels near Dalton, Georgia
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/battle-of-dalton-georgia-begins
On this date in 1868, the U.S.  House of Representatives impeached President
Andrew Johnson following his attempted dismissal of Secretary of War Edwin
M.  Stanton; Johnson was later acquitted by the Senate.
On this date in 1912, the American Jewish women's organization Hadassah was
founded in New York City.
On this date in 1917: Zimmermann Note presented to U.S. ambassador
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/zimmermann-note-presented-to-us-ambassador

Also, on this date in 1917: during World War 1, British troops recapture Kut
in Mesopotamia
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/british-troops-recapture-kut-in-mesopotamia
On this date in 1920, the German Workers Party, which later became the Nazi
Party, met in Munich to adopt its platform.
On this date in 1938, the first nylon bristle toothbrush, manufactured by
DuPont under the name "Dr.  West's Miracle Toothbrush," went on sale.
(Previously, toothbrush bristles were made from animal hair.)
Also, on this date in 1938: Variety announces big news about The Wizard of
Oz
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/variety-announces-big-news-about-the-wizard-of-oz
On this date in 1944: during World War 2, "Merrill's Marauders" hit Burma
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/merrills-marauders-hit-burma
On this date in 1946: Peron elected in Argentina
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/peron-elected-in-argentina
On this date in 1955, the Cole Porter musical "Silk Stockings" opened at the
Imperial Theater on Broadway.
Also, on this date in 1955: French Formula One champ born
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/french-formula-one-champ-born
On this date in 1961, the Federal Communications Commission authorized the
nation's first full-scale trial of pay television in Hartford, Connecticut.
On this date in 1968: during the Vietnam War, Tet offensive halted
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/tet-offensive-halted
On this date in 1969: during the Vietnam War, Airman wins Medal of Honor for
action on this day
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/airman-wins-medal-of-honor-for-action-on-this-day
On this date in 1981: Harris is convicted of murdering Scarsdale Diet doctor
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/harris-is-convicted-of-murdering-scarsdale-diet-doctor
On this date in 1982: President Reagan announces Caribbean Basin Initiative
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/reagan-announces-caribbean-basin-initiative
Also, on this date in 1982: The Great One scores 77th goal
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/the-great-one-scores-77th-goal
On this date In 1988, in a ruling that expanded legal protections for parody
and satire, the Supreme Court unanimously overturned a $150,000 award that
the Reverend  Jerry Falwell had won against Hustler magazine and publisher
Larry Flynt.
Also, on this date in 1988: Supreme Court defends right to satirize public
figures
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/supreme-court-defends-right-to-satirize-public-figures
On this date in 1989, a state funeral was held in Japan for Emperor
Hirohito, who had died the month before at age 87.
On this date in 1991: Gulf War ground offensive begins
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/gulf-war-ground-offensive-begins
On this date   in 1994, entertainer Dinah Shore died in Beverly Hills,
California, five days before turning 78.
On this date in 1999: Avalanche buries homes in Austria
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/avalanche-buries-homes-in-austria
On this date in 2004: "Grey Tuesday" brings mashups to the mainstream
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/quotgrey-tuesdayquot-brings-mashups-to-the-mainstream
Ten years ago:
Democrat John Kerry defeated John Edwards by large margins in Utah and
Idaho, and also won in Hawaii, where Edwards ran third behind Dennis
Kucinich.
President George W.  Bush urged approval of a constitutional amendment
banning same-sex marriages.
A 6.5-magnitude earthquake devastated an isolated region of northern
Morocco, killing more than 600 people.
Character actor John Randolph died in Hollywood at age 88.
Five years ago:
In the first prime-time speech of his term, President Barack Obama appeared
before Congress to sketch an agenda that began with jobs, and then broadened
quickly to include a stable credit system, better schools, health care
reform, reliable domestic sources of energy and an end to the war in Iraq.
Earlier in the day, President Obama held an 80-minute private talk with
Japanese Prime Minister Taro Aso.
One year ago:
Pope Benedict XVI bestowed his final Sunday blessing of his pontificate on a
cheering crowd in Saint Peter's Square.
At the Academy Awards, "Argo" won best picture while Ang Lee was named best
director for "Life of Pi"; Daniel Day-Lewis won best actor for "Lincoln"
while Jennifer Lawrence received the best actress award for "Silver Linings
Playbook.
Jimmie Johnson won his second Daytona 500, beating his Hendrick Motorsports
teammate Dale Earnhardt Jr., who made a late move to finish second.
Danica Patrick, the first woman to win the pole, finished eighth.
Deaths reported during the week ending February 22, 2014:
Thursday, February 13
Drew Denson, major leaguer (Atlanta Braves), of amyloidosis (a blood
disorder), 48.
Saturday, February 15
Cliff Bole, TV director ("Star Trek: The Next Generation"), cause not
reported, 76.
Mary Grace Canfield, actress (Ralph Monroe on "Green Acres"), of lung
cancer, 89.
Jamie Coots, preacher (TV program "Snake Salvation"), bitten by a
rattlesnake he was handling in church, 42.
Monday, February 17
Richard Cabela, outdoor goods retailer (Cabela's), cause not reported, 77.
Bob Casale, new wave guitarist (Devo), of heart failure, 61.
Tuesday, February 18
Nelson Frazier Jr., aka Big Daddy V, pro wrestler (WWF), of a heart attack,
43.
Malcolm Tierney, actor (Braveheart), cause not reported, 75.
Maria von Trapp, singer (Trapp Family Singers), 99.
Wednesday, February 19
Dale Gardner, U.S. astronaut (Shuttle), of a brain aneurysm, 65.
Thursday, February 20
Garrick Utley, foreign news correspondent (NBC), of prostate cancer, 74.
Friday, February 21
Hector Maestri, major leaguer (Washington Senators), cause not reported, 78.
Eddie O'Brien, major leaguer (Pittsburgh Pirates), 83.
NOTE: Last week's roundup gave an incorrect age for Shirley Temple. She was
85.

Today's Birthdays:
Actor Abe Vigoda is 93.
Actor Steven Hill is 92.
Actress Emmanuelle Riva is 87.
Actor-singer Dominic Chianese (kee-uh-NAY'-see) is 83.
Movie composer Michel Legrand is 82.
Opera singer-director Renata Scotto is 80.
Former Senator Joseph Lieberman, I-Connecticut, is 72.
Actor Barry Bostwick is 69.
Actor Edward James Olmos is 67.
Singer-writer-producer Rupert Holmes is 67.
Rock singer-musician George Thorogood is 64.
Actress Debra Jo Rupp is 63.
Actress Helen Shaver is 63.
News anchor Paula Zahn is 58.
Baseball Hall of Famer Eddie Murray is 58.
Country singer Sammy Kershaw is 56.
Actor Mark Moses is 56.
Singer Michelle Shocked is 52.
Movie director Todd Field is 50.
Actor Billy Zane is 48.
Actress Bonnie Somerville is 40.
Rhythm-and-blues singer Brandon Brown (Mista) is 31.
Rock musician Matt McGinley (Gym Class Heroes) is 31.
Actor Wilson Bethel is 30.
Thought for Today:
"It is the individual who is not interested in his fellow men who has the
greatest difficulties in life and provides the greatest injury to others.
It is from among such individuals that all human failures spring."
Alfred Adler, Austrian psychoanalyst (1870-1937).
- - -

“We hope you enjoyed your day on Blind Café. Where the members matter most”.

JB Heart
Author of Children's Books and Novels
www.jbheart.net